Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 08 IS350

Someone I know was telling me when they sit in the car, and the car tries to start, it will keep trying start and it makes a noise similar to, "when you are about to stall a manual car trying to go in first gear". Basically the starting is really "weak", but the car will eventually start. Sometimes it will not start at all. This only happens maybe once or twice a week. She's brought it to the dealership, and they've replaced the battery as well as something to do with the key less system. The problem is still there, and the dealership says they can not find anything wrong with the car.

I figured I would try here to see what you all have to say.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Car: 08 IS350

Someone I know was telling me when they sit in the car, and the car tries to start, it will keep trying start and it makes a noise similar to, "when you are about to stall a manual car trying to go in first gear". Basically the starting is really "weak", but the car will eventually start. Sometimes it will not start at all. This only happens maybe once or twice a week. She's brought it to the dealership, and they've replaced the battery as well as something to do with the key less system. The problem is still there, and the dealership says they can not find anything wrong with the car.

I figured I would try here to see what you all have to say.

Not sure it is related, but I had a whole host of problems with my '07 IS350 (read http://my.is/forums/f126/they-say-its-ignition-switch-349683/).

First they thought it was the starter button, then the ignition switch, then the neutral switch and finally the changed the ECU which fixed the stalling problem. It might be manifesting differently in your friends car than in mine, but it would be worth mentioning.

My car is being returned as a Lemon so Lexus knows about the issue and has had tech on site for all of my issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same issue. I believe it has to do with the fuel delivery and it seems to only be an issue with the 2008 model.
I have found if you depress the gas pedal once before attempting to start the car, the vehicle starts without the difficulty mentioned.

·
Registered
159 Posts
it better not be a high percentage of 08 models :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an 06 IS350 and I've been noticing that every so often my car won't start. I press the start button and it comes close to turning over but just dies. It happened a few days ago when I tried a few times before it actually started. It's not consistant but it's annoying. The only mods are the intake and exhaust. Could those have anything to with it??

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have an 06 IS350 and I've been noticing that every so often my car won't start. I press the start button and it comes close to turning over but just dies. It happened a few days ago when I tried a few times before it actually started. It's not consistant but it's annoying. The only mods are the intake and exhaust. Could those have anything to with it??
if your battery is still original that came with the car then it's about to change it. They usually last about 4 yrs. The battery on my IS300 died every 4 yrs like clockwork.

·
Registered
80 Posts
if your battery is still original that came with the car then it's about to change it. They usually last about 4 yrs. The battery on my IS300 died every 4 yrs like clockwork.
Really??!! I thought about that but thought that I would see other signs if it was the battery. I guess I'll try to change out the battery and see what happens.

ps: It happened again today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts