Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem that started a couple days after I reset the battery. The keyless entry will not respond now. The red light on my key is going on and off, which means its transmitting a signal. The car just doesnt respond. I just went outside to reset the battery again thinking that would help, no go. Then I tried holding down the lock and unlock buttons which are supposed to make the key function with the car.

Im really starting to lose it here. This is just one of several problems that im having with my IS. I should have just bought a 2008 corolla. At least I would have had a warranty on it.

Any suggestions on fixing it? Is the battery on my key going bad? All the doors lock properly using the power locks inside the car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a problem that started a couple days after I reset the battery. The keyless entry will not respond now. The red light on my key is going on and off, which means its transmitting a signal. The car just doesnt respond. I just went outside to reset the battery again thinking that would help, no go. Then I tried holding down the lock and unlock buttons which are supposed to make the key function with the car.

Im really starting to lose it here. This is just one of several problems that im having with my IS. I should have just bought a 2008 corolla. At least I would have had a warranty on it.

Any suggestions on fixing it? Is the battery on my key going bad? All the doors lock properly using the power locks inside the car.
the battery is probably just weak, is the little light dimmer than it used to be? try replacing the battery and don't ever compare a corolla to a IS300

·
Registered
81 Posts
u should just sell it to someone who would appreciate it more than to compare it to a corolla and buy a 2008 cobalt, now thats a car!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

or u can just change the battery in the key

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I've got a similar problem. Mine certainly seemed to be a battery issue, the range went down then it would take a few presses to work and it eventually stopped working. I have replaced the battery and the light on the key is now strong but my IS200 does not respond. I have tried holding lock+unlock, also tried lock+unlock+boot but still no go. Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
relax, get a new key battery CR1616 and don't forget to clean the dust out from the inside of the key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
have you tested out your spare key?
Kinda, the spare key did not work when I got the car in February. I replaced the battery in both keys with Energizer CR1616 but the spare still does not work. The light on both keys is strong so power does not seem to be the problem.

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
when you go inside the car do your dome lights turn on?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Trying a new battery just to eliminate the possibility that it is the battery will take you 20 minutes and a few bucks. Well worth it, IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts