Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 2001.
i have the sense-o-shock gen1
lmv's autostart probably gen1 if there is more than 1.

my driver's lock never opens when i use the remote. i press unlock and the driv'ers door lock twitches but never unlocks. if i press it twice, as usual all the other doors unlock, but not the driver's. the latch seems to be pulling but is getting stuck or something. tried taking it apart, cant see whats wrong with it. i have to stick the key in the hole and twist it to either LOCk or UNLOCK the driver door.

the remote (factory key) doesnt lock or unlock ONLY the driver's door lock. it does move though when i try to unlock or lock.

and since the alarm is designed to auto-lock if one of the door's remain lock, when all four doors are locked and i try unlocking, it first unlocks every door except the drivers, then it automatically locks the door after couple seconds.

i doubt it has to do anything with senso-shock/auto start... you guys know what it could be and how i can fix?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
sounds to me like something is awry with your driver's lock mechanism itself. but i'm no expert, perhaps someone else can chime in here? or perhaps try in mobiletronics? those guys have a pretty good understanding of the security system/locks.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Sounds like the lock output connecting to the driver's priority wire is resting at ground. Could be an issue with the LMS unit, or a wire may be grounding out somewhere.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Split2nd said:
Sounds like the lock output connecting to the driver's priority wire is resting at ground. Could be an issue with the LMS unit, or a wire may be grounding out somewhere.

which wires should i be checking?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Who installed the alarm/remote start systems?? You could be on valet mode or the system itself will need to be reset.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gray Rider said:
Who installed the alarm/remote start systems?? You could be on valet mode or the system itself will need to be reset.
it was actually an install meet so i did it and it was re-done at the lmv shop and double checked ect.

so maybe would resetting the ecu work out
or how do i set it out of valet mode?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts