Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please add me to your "keyed IS club," as I have just been a victim of the latest IS keying...

Parked in the downtown parking garage saturday night, some asshole took a handful of keys and (what looks like) pushing down with the palm of his hand slid the keys across the top of the spoiler...

I'm sure that will improve my resale value as I'm about to trade it for a manual

·
2,909 Posts
What goes around comes around, whoever did that horrible keying will get theirs one day.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
is anyone else here kinda "paranoid" about stuff like that when u park to go somewhere , in an area that you are are unfamiliar with??? or is that jsut me...

i had a 97 camry before and i was kinda scared that bad stuff would happen to it by people like this, but it was always ok..

now with a YELLOW IS300, i go crazy thinking about people who would target my car...

i tend to always hear about stuff like this and it makes me both mad and scared to take my car out more..

people are just so imature sometimes...
sorry to hear about your car..

last time i heard about another IS300 being keyed was on the hood.. and i think it was 1000 to repaint/fix it..
for that price, u should get a carbon fiber hood, but wing, DAMN that BITES...

really sorry to hear that..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by Gennady:
Please add me to your "keyed IS club," as I have just been a victim of the latest IS keying...
That sucks
, and I cringe when I see more and more of these posts. I guess it's better they hit your spoiler than your hood or door though. Sorry to hear about that.

·
2,909 Posts
I know it sounds pretty stupid, but I have nightmares. I tell friends this and they get really concerned for me. I should stop worrying, it's not healthy. It took me almost 2 years to save for my IS and I'll be damned if anything happens to it. Especially with all the inconsiderate people down here. People open doors into other peoples cars so many times I always go crazy when I have no choice but to park next to someone.

Just today I noticed a very small dent on the drivers side rear pillar. I was like WTF!! I was thankfull the paint was not scrathed. I just can't figure how the hell it got there. Unless it was someone being an a$$. I am going first thing in the morning to Dent Wizards they have a paintless repair system.

Good luck, I know I need it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow man, this sucks. I hate freakin haters. Just last week I posted about how this happened to me. Like jiggafett said, one day they'll get theirs. Tommorow I'm dropping mine off to get fixed. Gotta find a ride to work.......

-David

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's terrible, really sorry to hear that.

While it's obviously nowhere near as bad, some idiot stole the cap off of my passenger-side rear tire valve. For some reason, people get satisfaction from knowing that they'll cause others aggravation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
*Sigh*

Sad to say, but I've been a victim of this also...

They used keys or somethin stupid to take my Lexus emblem on the trunk. The scratches are not that noticeable, THANK GOD. I guess it's a way of life. I'm so paranoid now of my car. Sometimes when I'm at the Block watching a movie, I get paranoid as he|| when I'm sitting and watching the movie. I can't relax and not worry. I guess all this stuff goes with the territory. You drive a nice car, it's expected I guess.

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by IS300 Dot Com'er:
That's terrible, really sorry to hear that.

While it's obviously nowhere near as bad, some idiot stole the cap off of my passenger-side rear tire valve. For some reason, people get satisfaction from knowing that they'll cause others aggravation.
I had to replace two sets of those nice little metal valve caps. I said to myself why would someone be so cheap to steal such a small insignifigant item such as that.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
"I had to replace two sets of those nice little metal valve caps. I said to myself why would someone be so cheap to steal such a small insignifigant item such as that. "

we ALL know that those little things are "always" fallin off hondas , right???

jp

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for replies everyone! I know I’m not alone when your property is vandalized. If I were to catch whoever was doing it, I’d just bit the hell out of them. I’d make sure their medical bills would far outweigh my repair costs. That would teach them… But, I didn’t so it doesn’t matter.

As far as worrying constantly, I know what you mean. It doesn’t make sense for us to spend our life in constant fears. These things will happen. If we keep worrying about where we park, how we drive, and where we go, our cars will end up owning us, and not the other way around. I’m just letting it go, as there is no way I can control those things nor do anything about it. I recommend for all of you to do the same.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Adding an alarm system with a radar perimeter might help. If someone gets too close the alarm will chirp. If they do not back off it chirps again. Then it sends a louder and longer warning. It is adjustable so you can taylor it to what you want it to do. Alpine is one company that has this feature but there are others as well. It can also notify your pager or cell phone of a break in.

Just an idea to combat these low-life morons.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was keyed a couple weeks ago too... From the gas tank door up to the front of the drivers door. not deep, can't see it unless you go up to it. but for someone who takes good care and appreciated there car.. It pisses me off that it's still there...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
cruznis300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing