Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before my master key remote died, the car would unlock/lock using the remote however, the trunk button wouldn’t work. Now that I replaced the battery, the car will unlock when I press the unlock button on the master key. The trunk button is still not working, which is still unfortunate. But my main problem is when I press the lock button on the master key, the car will have a continuous beep noise for about 10 seconds, go off and won’t lock the car. When I hold the lock button though, the panic will work. Any fix to get the lock button to work because it doesn’t do anything except make an extended beep.

·
4,296 Posts
Before my master key remote died, the car would unlock/lock using the remote however, the trunk button wouldn’t work. Now that I replaced the battery, the car will unlock when I press the unlock button on the master key. The trunk button is still not working, which is still unfortunate. But my main problem is when I press the lock button on the master key, the car will have a continuous beep noise for about 10 seconds, go off and won’t lock the car. When I hold the lock button though, the panic will work. Any fix to get the lock button to work because it doesn’t do anything except make an extended beep.
It thinks a door is open. Check your door pin switches. Could even be the actuator in the door. Unless it works when you hit the switch. As for the trunk. It can be a fuse or actuator. Unless it was never activated in the system for the fob. A Techstream would tell you in a scan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts