Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2006 white is350 with 47k miles.
both of my keys are having issue being detected by my car! It is very sparatic and works only when it feels like it. I guess i'll have to get it checked out.. has anybody had the same issue?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Well, it's under warranty, so that's free if you have the time, but you could try the old fashioned method of putting a new battery in a fob and seeing if that changes anything. If you have an 06 on original fob batteries that could well be it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's under warranty, so that's free if you have the time, but you could try the old fashioned method of putting a new battery in a fob and seeing if that changes anything. If you have an 06 on original fob batteries that could well be it.

how do both fobs need a battery change at the same time. Especially the one i have never used before. I highly doubt its the battery. I think its the fob detector in the car that is not working. Maybe its not grounded or the fuse for it went out.

Do you agree?

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
how do both fobs need a battery change at the same time. Especially the one i have never used before. I highly doubt its the battery. I think its the fob detector in the car that is not working. Maybe its not grounded or the fuse for it went out.

Do you agree?
The fobs continually emit a signal, whether sitting on your dresser or being used with your car. Batteries drain over time. I'm betting it's your batteries, swap them out and see. It's the easier quicker fix. Good luck, keep us posted. :)

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts

Do you agree?
For 3 bucks you can change a battery and find out. Mine was getting low battery warnings at about 3 years. That's the easiest thing to try and you can spend more time arguing and theorizing about it than just doing it.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
My car's the same age, and I'm starting to get the LOW KEY BATTERY message from time to time with both keys!

Time to buy new batteries I guess.

·
Registered
636 Posts
+1

I got the "warning" early this week and replaced the batteries in both key fobs. BTW, my spare fob was completely dead. Car is just over 2.5 years old.

-Mike

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
My car's the same age, and I'm starting to get the LOW KEY BATTERY message from time to time with both keys!

Time to buy new batteries I guess.
Mine started doing that about a month ago, and I was putting off buying the damn batteries :)
Till one day, yup, stopped working all together. I had to pull the plastic cover to open the car, and then as the manual states, put the keyfob right against the start button to start the car.

I went directly to Radio Shack to pick up a fresh set of batteries for the key fobs.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
I should have got a second battery for the spare fob. Nobody around here carries the batteries.
Really, thought it was in the watch battery section of most stores?

I specifically left the spare battery out of the key fob, to not drain it over the past 3 years. It saved me! :)

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
I should have got a second battery for the spare fob. Nobody around here carries the batteries.
Same here, started at the supermarket, then walgreens, CVS, nothing. Nobody carried that battery. The first Radio Shack i went to, did not have it either. The second one, a newer store did carry them. Lucked out I guess. Yeah, Lexus did not make it easy to get a replacement battery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts