Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it but yesterday my car was key-ed. It must have happen within a span of 15-minutes while being parked outside. I don't anything that heats me up than blatant vandalism. My new silver IS has officially been isolated in less than 30-days. This also happened when I purchased my first car -- my beautiful 1993 black Acura Integra. Is there no shame in the world?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sorry for your loss bro. I hate it when that happens...someone did that to my 93 BMW, had scrathes all around the car. The stupid f**k must've been jealous of your IS. Hope you can get it fixed without spending big bucks.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
159 Posts
This once happened to a friend of myne that I was with one day.

We went into giatn eagle to rent a movie for a party we were gonig to later. We were in and out in 5 minutes. Anyway, We came out and thsi bastard was laughing real hard. We then saw him: He was right next to my friend's new accord coupe. He was keying it! My friend immidiatly popped the trunk with the keyless entry and the lowlife took off runnig through the parknig lot. Jon (my friend) grabbed his brother's little league bat out of the trunk and took off runnig after him. They ran in circles for 5 minutes until the low-life ran out of breath. The jon proceeded to hit him numerous time scross the stomach and ribs. He then kicked him. Luckily he only got to key the right side door, and the insurance company paid to get it repainted.

------------------
1998 Mercedes Benz SLK230

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your friend was lucky to catch him. I'm sure people who have had their personal items violated would have done the same. I waver from anger and obviously just being sad that there are people who obviously have very low self-esteem that they seek to bring other down by destroying their goods. I think about the LA Riots when many people sought to loot after the King verdict. Their excuse of being upset over the verdict for looting was ludicrous. It was obvious that they were just using this as an excuse to steal and destroy property.

The fair retribution for vandals in my opinion is to pay all costs of their vandalism and as punishment to have their personal items vandalized as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident bro. That is extremely obnoxious. Before your post, I had begun to worry about something similar happpening to me because I just DON'T see many IS300's on the road. And the SBM really sticks out asking for it. I was hoping its just New Car Syndrome or something but I know it must happen. That truly sucks man. Did insurance cover it for you? Keep us posted.

Train

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Same thing happend to my SBM on the left driver and passenger doors. Mother ****ers need to back the **** off or get ****ed up **** sucking mother ****ers

·
Registered
697 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_Rex:
Same thing happend to my SBM on the left driver and passenger doors. Mother ****ers need to back the **** off or get ****ed up **** sucking mother ****ers
passenger's door have keyhole??

·
Registered
62 Posts
For the life of me, I will never understand why people get jealous over cars and similar items. It's not like the majority of us were handed our IS300's from our parents. Most of us work damn hard to be able to afford the payments.

Not that I normally condone violence... but I'm kind of glad the guy that vandalized Altezzer's friend's car got caught. Mainly because I'm tired of people going out of their way to try and make us feel bad for spending our own, well-earned money on something that we truly enjoy.

New_taipan, sucks to hear that someone could be such a jerk. What kind of area were you parked in?

[This message has been edited by Aye-yes300 (edited December 17, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Aye-yes300 (edited December 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was parked near Walgreens on 18th and Geary. I was parallel parked on the street. My girlfriend believes that it was a person who was making a phone call near my car.

One final word of warning -- if you are living in SF and are celebrating the New Year here -- LEAVE YOUR CAR AT HOME. With so many people here, there is a HIGHLY likely chance that your nice car will get TRASHED. Last year, the news showed many punks and drunks who just ripped it up. The chances of you getting your IS300 thrashed is greater than 50%!

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a simple answer to your questions of WHY PEOPLE DESTROY YOUR PROPERTY! and some of you guys answered it.

People are jellious. Hell, I know I get jellious when I see some dude with a HOT girl. It makes me wanna rip her from him and stuff. But, I don't take that kind of action. I just hold it in or let it go. See, with cars, people can EASILY pass by your car holding their key out and do damage with no one noticing them doing it. Quick, painless, and DONE! Sometimes, punks will see you getting out of your car, and your pretty girlfriends getting out of your car, and get mad. They start to think about why THEY cannot have that girl and that car. Believe me, I used to think like that too.
Now, I drive a NEW Type-S and wonder if it will ever happen to me. When I first got my new car, I took my EX out in it and we went to the beach to celebrate the new car. The next day I had a 6" DEEP scratch across the coor jam above the passinger window. I thought it could have happened when paralle parked on the beach.

The moral of the story is this: EXPECT YOUR CAR TO GET SCREWED WITH. If you cannot handle this, then you should not have a nice car. Simple as that.

------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
he's talking about someone taking a key and making a big scratch on the side of the car...not sticking something in the key hole.

Originally posted by saltedeggman:
passenger's door have keyhole??

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
omg there's a story that kind of relates to this. on friday i was at the mall with the girl i'm in love with(
) and her best friend and they're pretty decently pretty. i see this FRESHMAN from my school who's ALWAYS maddogging me because he thinks he's hard(he's like 5'7 100lbs) and i just can't stop laughing at him everytime i see him, so what happened was he was at the mall at the SAME time and saw BOTH of the girls go into MY CAR(the m3) and he was jealous as HELL. i drove past him, revved at his ass, then watched as his mommy picked him up to go home

Originally posted by Jayru:
People are jellious. Hell, I know I get jellious when I see some dude with a HOT girl. It makes me wanna rip her from him and stuff. But, I don't take that kind of action. I just hold it in or let it go. See, with cars, people can EASILY pass by your car holding their key out and do damage with no one noticing them doing it. Quick, painless, and DONE! Sometimes, punks will see you getting out of your car, and your pretty girlfriends getting out of your car, and get mad. They start to think about why THEY cannot have that girl and that car. Believe me, I used to think like that too.
Now, I drive a NEW Type-S and wonder if it will ever happen to me. When I first got my new car, I took my EX out in it and we went to the beach to celebrate the new car. The next day I had a 6" DEEP scratch across the coor jam above the passinger window. I thought it could have happened when paralle parked on the beach.

The moral of the story is this: EXPECT YOUR CAR TO GET SCREWED WITH. If you cannot handle this, then you should not have a nice car. Simple as that.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Clam did I just hear you say that the girl that you're in love with is only "pretty decently pretty?" You should have said, "the hottest girl on Earth."
Boy I hope she never hears that she's only "pretty decently pretty."
LOLz.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by mrclam:
omg there's a story that kind of relates to this. on friday i was at the mall with the girl i'm in love with(
) and her best friend and they're pretty decently pretty. i see this FRESHMAN from my school who's ALWAYS maddogging me because he thinks he's hard(he's like 5'7 100lbs) and i just can't stop laughing at him everytime i see him, so what happened was he was at the mall at the SAME time and saw BOTH of the girls go into MY CAR(the m3) and he was jealous as HELL. i drove past him, revved at his ass, then watched as his mommy picked him up to go home

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
you guys should move to a better neighborhood. I never have problem with this kind of stuff (not yet at least). Only got thumbs up from people.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
Clam did I just hear you say that the girl that you're in love with is only "pretty decently pretty?" You should have said, "the hottest girl on Earth."
Boy I hope she never hears that she's only "pretty decently pretty."
LOLz.
I'm sure Clam doesn't dig her for her looks alone. I bet he loves her because she knows how to drive a stick.
*ducks*

·
Registered
88 Posts
Man that toattaly sucks. Its probably some stupid jack off BMW owner that is jelous of your IS300. Just because people look at the IS more that stupid BMWs. That guy should have is finger nails pulled out and his hands shaved with a potato peeler.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
yea uh huh....tell me that in two or three years when the is300 is as common as the 3 series. and just because more people look at a car doesn't mean they admire it

Originally posted by Nitro Boy:
Man that toattaly sucks. Its probably some stupid jack off BMW owner that is jelous of your IS300. Just because people look at the IS more that stupid BMWs. That guy should have is finger nails pulled out and his hands shaved with a potato peeler.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts