Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. my stock 6 disk changer went out yesterday, and i have to get a new one. i don't want to pay $500 for a new unit cause i know it will break again. so, i was looking at getting the Kenwood DDX7015 for my car. a friend has one, and its the coolest. the only problem is its $1400 at the local shop. i don't really want to pay that much for that. so, the question i have is should i go with the Kenwood DDX7015 6.5" screen, or should i just buy a 7" widescreen, and get the DVD player, and an FM modulator for my car? i heard that you have to replace the stock rear speakers for the DDX7015 to sound good/ work well. i really don't want to do this either. what should i do?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
dont be cheap, buy the ddx, also where locally is selling it for 1400, i can get this unit at 3 locations in bham for 900 brand new, but i guess thats b/c i know the owners, where in bham are u located?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, just think what i can do with $1400...i can get Greddy EVO II exhaust, a Racing header by turboeast, and still have $300 to play with. i don't know....its a lot of money for something so little....6.5" i believe... :lol:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
^ the 7015 goes for alot less retail by now being as the new model for this year already came out in stores! but yea like said check ebay, etc... i got my unit on base thru a friend, came out to be real nice deal! :)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
dude go with the DDX! I just got it installed in my car. (should pick it up tonight) Anyway I ordered it off of Crutchfiled.com and it was like $1299 but I had the option to finance it for 6 months with no interest or anyhting. When i get it back I'll post pics as soon as i can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts