Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to trim the bumper to keep the crash bar? I searched but and found everything except exactly what I'm looking for.
I just worried about what a possible insurance adjuster might think. :-?

How much is the thing in the way?

Has anyone done this? I'm really interested in what Lil, isman and those who have it think but cwest, hippo and whoever else has a JDM bumper feel free to respond.

Thanks

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geez!! IF you get into an accident.. take the crash bar to the bodyshop tell them to bang it up and throw it onto the front of the car BEFORE the adjuster comes to see the car. Dont you guys think 4 steps ahead

Once you cut the crash bar .. its utterly useless. isman has one just to say he has one.. it doesnt function. (charles, stop fooling these guys )

You cannot dremel a JDM bumper as the JDM bumper is SHORTER and it does not cover the width of the US Crash Bar... The Neo bumper is OEM Toyota goods so the bar fit the height allocated for it by the bumper. It's the thickness from front to back of bar thats the issue ... its just too thick. and cutting it makes the bar weak and pointless.

I am so fed up of posting this info time and time again. If you gonna run a JDM bumper... you cannot run a US Crashbar that functions.
well that answers my question right there. CRAP.

:pissed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.