Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the K40 radar detector installed in their car? how bout the laser deflector? comments about them?. Is it better than the v1? and no i'm not thinking about gettin the dealer to install them, just need a really good radar detector....

·
8,827 Posts
You got the idea... :wink:

V1 is the best.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is their anyway to install sensors in the front and rear bumper, so that it extends the range on the v1? b/c i have tints i remeber reading somewhr that tints can lessen the range on a radar detector. i'm also going to get a laser deflector whn i get a radar detector.

Do you think that this could be done? and then put the v1 in the glove box and use the remote display?

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
It cannot be done.

V1 has a very good range. Besides, front is where the most important signals are coming from the front. Unless you plan to ting your winshield, there will be no problem.

Before you buy the "shield", do some research. In many cases jammers are a scam, and you cannot sue them because the device you bought is intended to break the law.
I had good luck with K40 Defuser Plus before. I am yet to have it mounted in my current vehicle.

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
Passive jammers is a scam. See my notes above why they get away with it. Active radar jammers mostly annoy drivers around you and create a road hazard (from other drivers braking). They don't work.

Laser jammers is a little different story. They are half-legal. Some are very effective, some are not at all.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not exactly a jammer, all it does is slow down the amount of time it takes for a laser gun to calculate your speed, only be a few secs. but thats enuf time to slow down. and it may just be what is needed.

laser is instantaneous, u cannot be warned of it, but if u can delay the cop findin out how fast ur goin and kno ur gettin targetted, u may slow down enuf to avoid a ticket.

and btw, i am refferring to k40s diffuseer. Any real complaints from the defuser vlad_a? i guess ill jus get the reg v1 then, but im going to find out of anything custom that can increase the range/ effectiveness. i need it when i'm going well over a buck...

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
The description above is incorrect.
Laser reading takes a fraction of a second to "calculate" your speed. K40 Defuser Plus is an active laser jammer. It will jam laser readings up to a certain distance. It is only activated when laser is detected, which makes it OK in my book.

Even though it has been said that there is no way to detect the laser beam, that is not true. There are instances when the beam can be detected when shot at other vehicles. My V1 has saved me a few times in just such occasions. K40 Defuser Plus has saved me once.

Both K40 Defuser Plus and V1 do not interfere with each other. Distance of V1 cannot be improved by mods on your side. I think you will find it satisfactory as it already is.

In regard to the question of placing radar receiver modules in the bumper area, it is actually disadvantageous, as the cars in the front will partially block radar signal, making a radar detector less effective.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really? i thought that was near impossible to pick up laser unless u get hit urself, since laser is direct. As for the diffuser, if its worth it ill get it. but thanks for the reply

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.