Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K&N needs your 2004 IS300 for Intake Performance Kit development. The current Typhoon will not run efficiently on 2004 model years so we are redesigning the kit. Car will be needed for 5 working days. A rental car can be made available during the interim. Interested candidates please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thank you

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
You'd wanna tell them where you are.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
how is the 2004 different from 2002-2003 models that they need to redesign the intake??? :-?

K&N is a little behind....PLP apparently is about to get 2005 models to develop products for.....

:p

·
Registered
812 Posts
I moved my Area51 intake from my '01 to my '04 with no problmes...

Actually there was one small thing. In the '04 model Lexus added a few gears to behind the high beam bulb. If you don't know the Area51 intake touches the connector of the high beam.

The gears do this: When you adjust the low beam up and down the high beam is adjusted as well.. So when you turn one the gears turn the other..

Of course I took this off with two screws and my intake fit fine.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Martin said:

Actually there was one small thing. In the '04 model Lexus added a few gears to behind the high beam bulb. If you don't know the Area51 intake touches the connector of the high beam.

The gears do this: When you adjust the low beam up and down the high beam is adjusted as well.. So when you turn one the gears turn the other..

I hope you didnt install the Area51 BB....the ECU from the 2001 is different then the 2002-2004

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
goldark said:
oh man

2002-2003

same car - 3 different version of the ecu?
that hasnt been confirmed yet if the 2004 ecu is any different in wiring from the 2002-2003......I would assume not, why would they change it again?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Of course not......

I actually now have two area51 black boxes doing nothing... lol

tsopranoMB said:
Martin said:

I hope you didnt install the Area51 BB....the ECU from the 2001 is different then the 2002-2004

1 - 8 of 8 Posts