Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys..

I am thinking about getting a K&N cold air intake...

from... here...

Sewell Lexus Parts

has anyone installed this?

either or not... would this help me for faster acceleration?

tell me about this guys =)

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have one on my car currently. I love the sound and i believe it is the only after market short ram intake that makes any power.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have been think about getting an intake for mine as well but wanted something CARB legal since I am in CA. You probably won't feel much as far as HP but I liked the Gen2 FIPK that I had on my 1st gen IS. The sound was awesome and the throttle response was a little better too.
chb402, do you have pics of your taillights? I have been trying to decide on the redout or tinting for mine.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The absolute best aftermarket intakes for the IS give you, maybe, 3-5 horsepower. On a good day. If you dyno it just right. Maybe. Some lose power under some conditions (from a dead stop really) due to sucking in hot air intake of cold like the stock setup.

In other words, save the $ unless you really love the sound.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
you want power get mazzuri header he dynoed 30 rwt and 23rwhp with stock exhaust no intake.just check out the mazzuri section.:p

·
Registered
254 Posts
just make sure you stick with brand name intakes, theyre generally better. also i have seen k&n intakes for cheaper online. try amazon or pricegrabber.com. hope this helps

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think opinions vary concerning intakes that use the oiled media such as this one. Just something to think about and look into

·
Registered
90 Posts
K&N Typhoon FTW!!!!

Well I went with the Typhoon intake they make and its great, but I would scrap that K&N filter and go with an AEM dryflow. I have heard that the oiled versions leave a residue on the mass air flow sensor and could clog it, so thats why I went with the dryflow myself.....just a matter of personal preference. :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have it on mine, and bought it from sewell as well. I love the sound real throaty and the improved response I get when I let her rip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts