Lexus IS Forum banner

K&N intake 57 series Gen II

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  2004Pearl300 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No, it does not compare to the SRT. No intake does for our cars. The SRT comes with what they call a "Race ECU" that you wire in and it changes your A/F ratios. Although the K&N intake is not a bad one to pick up. Think of the SRT intake as a cold air intake + dyno tuned air fuel controller. It does both.

#4 ·
Well, the FIPK(its the one made of plastic) intake from K&N is actually the best intake made. The SRT beats it only because it requires the use of an external ecu(whether its a safc or the one that comes with it). Also, the SRT has a huge piping diameter. The rest of the intakes produce the same number roughly.

#5 ·
I dont really know the numbers, but if you do a search or go to SRT's website you will find them. I like the K&N cause its the only one with a plastic intake tube, the rest are metal. And for peeps like yourself who live in AZ such as myself, this may come into play. For $150 I would buy one too. + reppage for AZ peoples!

#7 ·
Yeah did some searching and i looks like they both are pretty equal in numbers.

Um......no. K&N gets a little creative with their numbers sometimes. The SRT makes more power just because of the "R-ECU." Its an advantage that none of the other intakes have. But Im not knocking the K&N, I like that one to, and it has great reviews from the people who own them. Its just hard to compare it to the SRT, because you get something with the SRT that no other one comes with.

#9 ·
it'll look a little something like this...

#11 ·
I have the FIPK2 and love it. The SRT gives better numbers, but isnt street legal just about anywhere, and you have to cut into your factory ECU wiring. I know AZ is not as bad as CA for emissions...idk who is, but it's nice to have that no hassle CARB sticker that comes with the KNN.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.