Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
It is not uncommon, that sound is the sucking of air into the intake.

Entropy

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am getting ready to order the FIPK. Which is better overall the Injen or FIPK?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It does make a hissing noise but its not that loud till u hit the gas. Id recommend the FIPK. I very happy with my intake.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
no, dont worry. generally, id think the hissing is a VERY pleasing sound. like when you have the hood closed, standing up to 5 feet away, on the passenger side facing the car, you should still be able to hear it. thats how it is with my injen at idle. as long as its a hissing and not a whining sound, i think ur good.

if you're still worried, just check the thick hose that connects to the intake, near the throttle body thats between the engine bay and windshield, and then check the other little hose that connect to the intake pipe near the MAF sensor. as long as they are both secure, then you're good to go. do you have an exhaust? when u have one, the noice of the intake actually gets muffled out lol. i wish my exhaust wasnt so louw sometimes..cuz i love to hear the low grumble when the intake sucks in air at WOT.

but when ur at WOT, as long as its hot high pitched and whiney, you should be in good shape. where in Cali are you. I can take a look at it if you want, depending how far away you are...or just go to the Spearmint Rhino meet..its not that hard..

good luck, and enjoy your intake!

-Aaron

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks onyx, probably shouldnt worry. i dont think i can really hear the intake while im driving. well maybe i thought it was going to be louder. no exhaust..yet.
im here in sacramento. dont know bout the rhino...long drive

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
LOL yeah long drive. but no worries, you're fine. worst that could happen, a CEL. and if u get a CEL(check engine light), just go to like autozone and say hey can u look at my intake and have them check the hoses, etc. if all is in order, just reset the ECU(cars computer) by unplugging the black(negative) terminal of the cars battery... let it sit for 15 mintues then attach it back, and start up your car. all yould be perfect after that. have fun!

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Since you have the K&N FIPK you shoudlnt get a CEL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts