Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a new '05 IS 300 owner. I previously had a 460 whp turbo'd Civic sedan but sold it a couple weeks ago - still supermod at www.honda-acura.net/forums. I bought the IS last week and absolutely love it. I've had my eye on this car since it was released and fulfilled a dream I didn't think I'd realize.

I don't plan to mod this car very much as I feel like I modded my Civic to its death. A 460 whp Civic does not make for a great daily driver... :p

Anyhow, I think I'll continue to soak up information out here and learn as much as I can.

The car is Graphite Grey Pearl, LSD, VSC, Nav, black interior, spoiler, moonroof, heated seats, snowboard rack, and all-weather mats.

Couple quick pics:

Glad to be here. :)
Josh

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
welcome to the boards. good choice gettin rid of the civic. ;)

GGP is the best color out there (yeah, ok, im biased). anyway, congrats on your purchase... and just wait, you say now you wont mod... but hang around here for awhile and i guarantee things will change :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and congrats on the car. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scruffyburritos said:
welcome to the boards. good choice gettin rid of the civic. ;)

GGP is the best color out there (yeah, ok, im biased). anyway, congrats on your purchase... and just wait, you say now you wont mod... but hang around here for awhile and i guarantee things will change :cool:
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I can't say that I haven't looked at a few mods already. I'd love to turbo this car, but I don't want to deal with the problems I had to contend with on the Civic and its turbo. Plus, I really like the warranty on the car - the Civic was a '95.

I am thinking about putting the black chrome emblems, sport tails, and some ridiculously dished rims on it. I really don't want to lower the car cause it's sure nice to drive it around without having to go sideways up driveways and over speed bumps... haha.

It all depends on how the rims would look without being lowered. If it is lowered, it'll just be to get rid of the fender gap, nothing more. :)

Thanks again, man! :)

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I belive that Lexus discontinued the factory LSD after 2004,unless you paid $2000 extra to get it installed :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
westcoaststyle said:
Thanks for the welcome. :)

I can't say that I haven't looked at a few mods already. I'd love to turbo this car, but I don't want to deal with the problems I had to contend with on the Civic and its turbo. Plus, I really like the warranty on the car - the Civic was a '95.

I am thinking about putting the black chrome emblems, sport tails, and some ridiculously dished rims on it. I really don't want to lower the car cause it's sure nice to drive it around without having to go sideways up driveways and over speed bumps... haha.

It all depends on how the rims would look without being lowered. If it is lowered, it'll just be to get rid of the fender gap, nothing more. :)

Thanks again, man! :)
lots of boosted IS's on here who can help you out if you go that route. im debating this myself right now as a matter of fact...

but yeah the fender gap is huge... if the big rims dont take care of it for you, there are ways to get it lowered and get a pretty close to stock ride. search around and see if theres something that might work for you. think about getting sways too.

black pearl, although not really a mod, is a good subtle upgrade, imo. there are, of course, cheap ways to paint them yourself... but i sprung for the real thing and im glad i did:

before

after

·
Registered
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info and pics, scruffy. Makes me want the emblems more...haha

Me_1 said:
Josh
Welcome, nice pics...Have fun and all types of ill sht...

brandon
Thanks brandon. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welcome to my.is. Good choice on your color, GGP really looks awesome. How about some pics of your Civic?

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
^^I would be interested in pic of the civic too! :cool: ^^ Congrats on the purchase of the IS! Looks like you better get moddin hard core if you want it to be as fast as the civic. ;) Good luck with everything and keep us updated of any mods!

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Congrats & good choice of color :approve:

·
Registered
79 Posts
the nicest civic i saw was from a tv special on A&E called "Need For Speed" about street racers in Canada. This guy had a white civic hatchback with some kind of supercharger, dropped on some wheels, it looked very nice. Anyone ever catch that show?

And congrats on your new is300, i just got a 2005 model myself.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
westcoaststyle said:
Thanks again to everyone. I just got back from an 800+ mile trip in the car and I'm still in love with it... haha.

Here's some pics of the Civic:

More here with modlist:
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195592
Did you end up selling it to Bryan from NC? I know he had an eye on
it as a daily driver to accompany his 300hp turbo'd monster 1G CRX.

What a small world.

You'll enjoy your IS...

j

1 - 20 of 33 Posts