Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quite impress with the test drive. There is really no lag time whatsoever on the E-shift. I drove a fully loaded yellow one, without the LSD and it really handles nicely even without the LSD. I think the TRAC will cover slippin from the road. The LSD just helps it even more. Actually, it might even slow down the car on tight turns. Can anyone explain the difference between the TRAC and the LSD?

I drove it at night and boy, the amber lights in the interior is really sweet!! So as for me, I just picked up the first Spectra Blue on the lot...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
There are more complete descriptions of trac vs LSD in other postings on this board so look if you need more info.

Basically trac puts the brakes on any wheel that starts to spin. LSD sends power to the rear wheel with the most traction. Both will keep you from getting a wheel stuck in the snow, but the LSD will be better if you want to do controlled "burnouts". The LSD will probably only make a difference if you are trying to "drag race" on a slippery surface, or if you have "hot-rodded" your IS300 for more power. Most drivers of stock IS300s would probably never notice the difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing