Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a buddy of mine knew I wanted one, and since they arent made anymore, he gave me this one. I believe they are the only double wall heat shield that was made. Glad I got it, cause I was going to fab my own. Looks more complicated than I thought.

Not sure if Im going to leave it black, remove anodized finish, or
spray with high temp paint.

A simultaneous project is to modify a filter heat shield. to prevent downstream
heat from sneaking in.

So Ive got one of these-

Then recently I saw one of these-

So Im thinking of adding a half ring to mine, and slap it on.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Figs makes a heat shield for the manifold. Just for the future.
Your shield idea on the filter does not really do much. You would be better off with a wall. Bolted up in a box like configuration or partial.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figs makes a heat shield for the manifold. Just for the future.
Your shield idea on the filter does not really do much. You would be better off with a wall. Bolted up in a box like configuration or partial.
The FIGS looks nicely built. I do prefer the double wall design, and this one was free. I have tried to get enough people interested, because I can probably get a run of these made, if 25-30 committed to it. Last time, I did not get enough bites.

Ive got an FIPK, with the partial wall. Just something to tinker with for any additional heat shielding. Would love to try and make an Area 51 type box, but I wonder if thats any better than the original filter box, a K&N drop in, and a silicone or metal intake tube. Wouldnt mind tracking down a SRT intake and swap out for smog.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
The FIGS looks nicely built. I do prefer the double wall design, and this one was free. I have tried to get enough people interested, because I can probably get a run of these made, if 25-30 committed to it. Last time, I did not get enough bites.

Ive got an FIPK, with the partial wall. Just something to tinker with for any additional heat shielding. Would love to try and make an Area 51 type box, but I wonder if thats any better than the original filter box, a K&N drop in, and a silicone or metal intake tube. Wouldnt mind tracking down a SRT intake and swap out for smog.
I am slowly working on the electronics for an SRT intake replacement. I even could do a direct mapped MAF sensor. It is just a matter of money and if people want it. I have done tons of research and built lots of different ones over the years. For lots of engines.

Just like the oil filter relocation bracket. Lots say they wanted it. Very few buy them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts