Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, im new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. i dont own a is300 but a big fan of them. i always loved the car but never had the income to buy one yet. but i started my own business not to long ago so im hoping to purchase one by next june. yea its a long time away but i can wait. i just have some few questions for you guys.

-when are they discontinueing the is300?
-hows the quality of the car? i drove one myself awhile back and fell in love with the car. but i dunno the overall long run quality of the car after one drive...
-whats the purpose of that bump that runs down the middle of the hood?
-is there a replacement hood that doesn't have that bump in the middle of the hood?

·
Registered
608 Posts
-when are they discontinueing the is300?
discontinue?? this is just the first generation although 2005 will probably start the second.

-hows the quality of the car? i drove one myself awhile back and fell in love with the car. but i dunno the overall long run quality of the car after one drive...
its a toyota...as long as u change the oil, it keeps going and going and going.

-whats the purpose of that bump that runs down the middle of the hood?
just for looks

-is there a replacement hood that doesn't have that bump in the middle of the hood?
yeah, some carbon ones, but the are vented in the center. not just flat

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
phamous101 said:
yeah, some carbon ones, but the are vented in the center. not just flat
isn't the bump in the hood for clearance of the engine? Last I looked (side angle) with the hood open, the engine sorta pops up over the fender lines... :-?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.