Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of nobody ever said anything about the CL-S handling better than the IS and if they did they're retarded. We all know the IS handles better. Smaller and RWD. My argument is how some people on this forum go on and on about how from the factory the IS is faster than the CL-S in a straight line which we all know isn't true. Maybe you have lined up and won, thats fine, it happens. But we both know from the factory our cars are faster. If we go same mods, our cars are faster. This thread isn't for flame wars or to say anything dumb, we'll keep that to the other thread. This is for a normal conversation.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hey Rob,

You are right, The IS will NOT win in a straight line racing stock for stock or with the same exact mods (I/H/E). I do admit that. If you get a chance read my post in the flaming thread you will see I said the IS needs mods to compete in the 1/4 mi. I also said Hondas/Acuras do have some strengths. I also want to give you respect for saying you'd race a turbo IS even though you would lose. It takes allot of testicular fortitude to race even though you know the outcome. I know I would lose in a straight line race with you stock for stock or I/H/E Unless of course you don't know how to drive :p . My point is as follows:

The IS handles better than the the Hondas/Acuras

The IS has more potential than the Hondas/Acuras

The IS can make up the difference in HP with mods.

Some of the members from the Acura realm have seriously misguided hopes of beating an IS on say the backroads where handling makes the differnce not HP.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
agree, is300 need more speed for stock, and yes cl-s is faster when comes at stock to stock, but thats the only winning factor a cl-s has, comparison ends there, other factors, is300 win them all the way

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I had to post b/c i'm so sick of reading about cl vs is300. First and foremost the IS300 is not better than a CL type S. Stock vs Stock
Yes you might handle better in a curb but as far as interior and power.
But what rwd car don't?
Please
I drive my wife IS300 all the time I told her not to get that thing but she love lexus. Everytime I drive her car my friends in the SC400 and GS300 ask me to take that shit home to my girl. I'm not trying to affend anyone but please test drive a cl and I gurantee your opinion will change. Well at least mine did.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
rrogers said:
I guess I had to post b/c i'm so sick of reading about cl vs is300. First and foremost the IS300 is not better than a CL type S. Stock vs Stock
But what rwd car don't?
Please
I drive my wife IS300 all the time I told her not to get that thing but she love lexus. Everytime I drive her car my friends in the SC400 and GS300 ask me to take that shit home to my girl. I'm not trying to affend anyone but please test drive a cl and I gurantee your opinion will change. Well at least mine did.
As far as the interior that is irrelevant since that is completely subjective. I like the interior of the IS, you may not. And there is nothing else in your post that I have not agreed with The IS300 IS better than the CL in handling and the CL IS better in terms of HP, both being stock of course.

The point is we ask to race (other than in a straight line) or in a straight line modded out and the Honda/Acura owners tear up. :whine: Ask yourself this..........Why does you wife and friends both drive Lexi?????????????? You honestly think it is more fun to drive the CL? :noway: What do you do when you have to corner? :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so if and when i do my supercharger i'll race a naturally aspirated IS and we'll see who cries then. It works both ways buddy. And for the 800th time, i said i'll race stage 4 guy, i never said i'll win. But when i lose i'll bring out my bike and race him on that, then we'll see who wins that one.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I am RobG said:
ok so if and when i do my supercharger i'll race a naturally aspirated IS and we'll see who cries then. It works both ways buddy. And for the 800th time, i said i'll race stage 4 guy, i never said i'll win. But when i lose i'll bring out my bike and race him on that, then we'll see who wins that one.
I agreed with what you said AND I said you had nuggets for agreeing to do that race. Get S/C I would still race you or your bike,tricycle or Big Wheel for that matter.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
rrogers said:
But what rwd car don't?
Please
pffftt ur friend drove sc400 and gs300 while u drive a cl-s and they applaud u ?

2 things...
1. i can see that u re the lowest of the food chain among ur friends
2. "take that shit home to my girl" ur very good at talkin trash buddy, its impossible for a guy who drive ESPECIALLY a gs will say that to you, either ur lying, or he is just as dumb as you

and now, why there are more of you trolls coming here, i didnt see any is300 trolls in ur forum, while here we got around 10 of you, grow up already :shame:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Benign said:
rrogers said:
But what rwd car don't?
Please
pffftt ur friend drove sc400 and gs300 while u drive a cl-s and they applaud u ?

2 things...
1. i can see that u re the lowest of the food chain among ur friends
2. "take that shit home to my girl" ur very good at talkin trash buddy, its impossible for a guy who drive ESPECIALLY a gs will say that to you, either ur lying, or he is just as dumb as you

and now, why there are more of you trolls coming here, i didnt see any is300 trolls in ur forum, while here we got around 10 of you, grow up already :shame:

they are here cuz their forums are slow as fuck~ believe me i tried to flame them there.. but it took too long~ :lol: :lol: :lol: we can't blame em really

pos cars ~ Acura CL
slow ass forums~ Acura CL.com
IS300 and .net owning them both ~ PRICELESS~

·
Registered
7 Posts
The point is we ask to race (other than in a straight line) or in a straight line modded out and the Honda/Acura owners tear up. Ask yourself this..........Why does you wife and friends both drive Lexi?????????????? You honestly think it is more fun to drive the CL? What do you do when you have to corner?

Well I give credit where credit is due. Most of my friends have upper models Lexus they don't consider my wife car to be a Lexus. She will kill me if you heard me said that. As far as which is more fun it's consider what i'm doing in the car. But all I say is test drive a cl type s and let me know what you think? I will never diss another man car even if he had a pinto. peace

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
they talk shit about the is300 yet they dont say shit about your boat~

quit bsing and go bakc to your forum~ and cry there~

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
would you like to race my stock lexus rrogers? it has springs, a brake upgrade and a lsportline kit, but besides that its stock. i need to repair what i think is a vacuum leak though, it has a lope at idle for some reason??

let me know

-gte

rrogers said:
The point is we ask to race (other than in a straight line) or in a straight line modded out and the Honda/Acura owners tear up. Ask yourself this..........Why does you wife and friends both drive Lexi?????????????? You honestly think it is more fun to drive the CL? What do you do when you have to corner?

Well I give credit where credit is due. Most of my friends have upper models Lexus they don't consider my wife car to be a Lexus. She will kill me if you heard me said that. As far as which is more fun it's consider what i'm doing in the car. But all I say is test drive a cl type s and let me know what you think? I will never diss another man car even if he had a pinto. peace

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
rrogers said:

roger dude, upon my first drive for cl-s i love the interior and acceleration, but as i go further, the interior very much reminded me of an accord, it somehow resemble them very closely, acceleration is still good, but for a performance, thats the only thing this car is good at, medium brake, better than accord handling, awesome speed

thats all

ps: and when u dont like is300 when u drive the car, ur basically screwed, dont need smart people to explain that, nobody dislike is300 after they test drove em

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
isekii said:
but i have the say~

the accord loots a lot better than the CL ( exterior point of view )
if u mean the new accord coupe than yes they are better imo, but old coupe and cl-s, no comparison cl-s is better

and imo i think the old accord sedan is better than the new ones :-?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its obviously impossible to have a normal conversation on this forum. How come i can go to the mustang forum, say i would like to race a mustang at englishtown in march, and they say sounds like a good challenge i'll see you in spring. i guess they have common sense and the maturity level of their ages unlike the children on this board

·
Registered
296 Posts
i did

i did test dirve the CL before i bought my lexus...yes it did have a decent pickup and to tell u the truth, the interior didn't do it for me. ne ways, back to my test drive, i took both cars down the same stretch of freeway (56 east from kearny mesa for all those familiar with SD). the cl-s was nice, but the acceleration from the is300 was smoother, handled a lot better, and whatever lexus is doing to damp the the engine noise is 100x better than the acura.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You could be right dude. Actually I never took a look at the Accord before I purchase my acura. Thanks for not flaming pimp. Much love

As for the other guy that said go back to my forum. Dude calm down it's not that serious. Everybody have different opinions.

Also for the guy that want race i'm in DC. The weather is crazy right now but holla at me later.

For the guy that say something about the food change. Come on guy where not talking about CL600 or a NSX. So let's be real. I didn't bash you so why so much hate pimp?

peace

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
14 Participants
jtran
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing