Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
no idea what i was thinking... i dropped off my IS300 for its complementary first service this morning, and ended up putting down a deposit for a brand new IS350.... black onyx, loaded. im eight on the list at lexus of tampa bay. here's the receipt:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats!
I put down a deposit about 3 weeks ago on a smoky granite IS 350 with sports package. I have heard that there will be a price announced in the first week of Sept.
By the way there is more data on the specs of the car on Lexus.ca
The mpg of the 250 awd and 350 are almost identical! 26/27mpg city and 37mpg hway(imperial gallons).

·
Registered
28 Posts
i put a deposit down on an IS250 AWD like in June, but they have no idea what i want? did you guys actually get to order what you want.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
are these deposits refundable ? if so , how late can you wait to cancel? after a test drive?

·
11,061 Posts
I want one too...but no can do for a while. I'll just have to wait for the convertible... hope hope...

·
Registered
814 Posts
I bought the 2nd IS300 in RI when they were first released. Paid full sticker 34500 plus Tax Title. NEVER AGAIN. I might buy a used 2007 model in 2010 and keep for 10 years :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer had the option list for both models about 3 weeks ago.
I made my purchase conditional to test drive and price, this way if one or the other is not to my satisfaction I can bail and get my deposit fully refunded.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amitkc said:
are these deposits refundable ? if so , how late can you wait to cancel? after a test drive?

i was told that they are refundable until after the test drive because they expect the demand for them to be so high... thats pretty much what sold me on it. if for some reason i drive it and dont like it or decide i want to wait for the next model year to come out i wont have a problem getting my money back. but if i love the car i wont have to worry about a wait and ill have exactly the color and options i want.

i honestly doubt ill have any problems, but its nice to know i have that fall back in case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
my dealer called me on friday and said i wouldnt be able to order it for another two weeks until the prices came out? But i see alot of you guys have order yours :(

roybite said:
The dealer had the option list for both models about 3 weeks ago.
I made my purchase conditional to test drive and price, this way if one or the other is not to my satisfaction I can bail and get my deposit fully refunded.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
ISisBEST said:
I bought the 2nd IS300 in RI when they were first released. Paid full sticker 34500 plus Tax Title. NEVER AGAIN. I might buy a used 2007 model in 2010 and keep for 10 years :)
ditto on the idea...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Okay, we need to get this firmly answered

Can the dealers bring in a car EXACTLY as you want configured with these first batches (Sept/Oct/Nov) of cars? I am second on the list for a 350 at my NJ dealership and they keep telling me that they will be getting a pre-set allotment of cars and that my position on the "wait list" only gives me first selection (okay, second) from the set of vehicles that are coming in. However, I doubt that a car will be coming in exactly as I would like:

Tungsten Blue Onyx or Matador Red (gonna have to decide that soon)
Sterling (maybe black) interior
Performance Luxury Plus
Sunroof
Mark Levinson audio (not sure if it will even be available separately here in the NorthEast region, or if I will be "forced" to get Nav to get the ML)

Any Lexus sales folk on this board, feel free to chime in here. I really want to put the screws to my sales guy if he has been misinforming me.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2006IS said:
i put a deposit down on an IS250 AWD like in June, but they have no idea what i want? did you guys actually get to order what you want.

i didn't even know the is250 came in AWD. is this rite? cause if it is i'll prolly get one myself.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I can wait a couple years

I hate new car bugs I learned my lesson with another car never again :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
ISisBEST said:
That was a bad move

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
roybite said:
By the way there is more data on the specs of the car on Lexus.ca
The mpg of the 250 awd and 350 are almost identical! 26/27mpg city and 37mpg hway(imperial gallons).
i must say wow, WOW. :lol:

·
Registered
656 Posts
mrmonster said:
People ordering cars without knowing the final price tag ...interesting.
Well, for some people money is no object; must be nice. I will probably never buy a new Lexus--I'll probably keep buying used, which doesn't bother me if it's in great shape. I got my IS with only 29600 miles for $22,300, so that amount of savings is worth the wait for me. Maybe once my 300 gets old, I can spring for a 350 that's a few years old. I had always bought new but have bought two used cars in the last year. It makes sense to let someone else eat the steep depreciation in the first couple years if the car is reliable.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts