Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know after I get them installed, I'm going to have to get an alignment. Now for those of you with Tein HA's (or for those of you that know), what should my front and rear camber be set to if I want to keep inside tire wear to a minimum (I have stock 17's, soon will be upgrading my tires to 225's all around, and possibly a set of 18" rims in the future). I plan on dropping the car only about an 1" all the way around. If it matters, I have a set of A51 sways as well. Thanks in advance d00ds!

PS - Yes I did a search, and the only results that came up were camber adjustments for different types of spring/shock combos (i.e. H&R, Eibach, etc).

·
Registered
66 Posts
You always want to have it aligned (corrected) to as close to stock as possible for proper tire wear, no matter what height setting you choose. That is the reason for getting a alignment after install, to resume stock alignment.
There is exceptions to this rule such as modified alignment settings for best performance during autocross, best for drifting, etc.......but, as far as tire wear is concerned, always back to stock settings. :crazy:
SXE-10

·
3,221 Posts
Get an alignment after you have installed your coilovers and have them set to what you want. They'll be able to put them back to with in the factory spec ranges.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Like everyone says....don't skimp on the alignment. It'll makeup it's worth when you get 20k+ miles on your tires instead of 8k. I personally have the HA and have lowered about 1.75" (1 finger gap) all around for the last 17k miles. I just put on some new rims today and took off my stock tires. I'm approaching 20k miles and still have a good 30-40% tread left on my stock dunlops with no adverserse camber wear. AND I drive my car hard but don't do burnouts and such. Huge contrast to those people barely getting 15k miles on stock tires.

Last note...you'll find the suspension rather stiff if you only lower it 1" due to the fact that the springs will be preloaded tightly at that setting. Lower it a tad more 1.4" or so and it'll be a great compromise between ride quality and clearance.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
TeCKis300 said:
Like everyone says....don't skimp on the alignment. It'll makeup it's worth when you get 20k+ miles on your tires instead of 8k. I personally have the HA and have lowered about 1.75" (1 finger gap) all around for the last 17k miles. I just put on some new rims today and took off my stock tires. I'm approaching 20k miles and still have a good 30-40% tread left on my stock dunlops with no adverserse camber wear. AND I drive my car hard but don't do burnouts and such. Huge contrast to those people barely getting 15k miles on stock tires.

Last note...you'll find the suspension rather stiff if you only lower it 1" due to the fact that the springs will be preloaded tightly at that setting. Lower it a tad more 1.4" or so and it'll be a great compromise between ride quality and clearance.
Hey Teck,
When can we see pix of your ride with the new rims? What'd you get ...19x8 ...18x8 ...come on, man ...don't leave us hangin. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
is300_white
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing