Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm new to this forum, but just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Dave, and on friday I went in to the lexus dealership and left with a 250c in starfire pearl and black interior. Unfortunately it didnt have the nav system, but all the other options I wanted and I didn't want to wait several more weeks to see if one would come in. My only gripe right now is the smartaccess, sometimes it works perfect other times it doesn't, when I go to lock the door I get a beeping sound, if anyone could help me out with this that would be awesome.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome!

When your locking the door, are you pressing the button on the door handle?

The beeping sound might be because your trying to lock the door but the remote is not in front of the button.

This is the way my Infiniti works, just assuming the IS works the same.

Anyway, get some pics up!

Congrats and best regards,
-Jared

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When your locking the door, are you pressing the button on the door handle?
Yeah, I was pushing the button on the door handle, funny thing is today is works perfectly so whatever the issue was I guess I fixed it or it fixed itself.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Yeah, I was pushing the button on the door handle, funny thing is today is works perfectly so whatever the issue was I guess I fixed it or it fixed itself.
Probably like I said, just a minor flaw taken into attempting to lock the door.

This happens with my M every now and then.

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
I've found that sometimes if my cellphone is in the same pocket with the fob that this will happen. Otherwise I've had zero problems with smartaccess on both the ISC & my previous 08. If it's still wonky get the dealer to straighten it out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Setting default phone (bluetooth)

I have had my IS250C now for 3 weeks. On the phone menu I have defined two phones, one for myself and one for my wife. The other day my wife was driving the car and set the phone to hers.

Last night I reset it to my phone. Turned off the car. Turned the car back on and checked. Phone was still set to my phone.

This morning I am getting in the car to go to work and the phone is set back to hers.

Anyone have an idea on what is going on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had my IS250C now for 3 weeks. On the phone menu I have defined two phones, one for myself and one for my wife. The other day my wife was driving the car and set the phone to hers.

Last night I reset it to my phone. Turned off the car. Turned the car back on and checked. Phone was still set to my phone.

This morning I am getting in the car to go to work and the phone is set back to hers.

Maybe she went for a midnight drive...

·
Registered
5 Posts

Kind of new to Lexus, so not sure if this is true for this model. You might of accidentlly grabbed her key fob by accident. I know in my vette, each key fob will set the vehicle to the settings it was designated for when unlocked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts