Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone paying for their IS? Financing? Cash? Selling a kidney? Just curious. I'm gonna finance mine...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Umm, I don't think I would want to sell a kidney for this car...alright, maybe not both of them anyways.

I make a pretty good wage for someone my age (almost six figures), so I think I can afford this car.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
leasing until i graduate school, then doing a buyout...make enough money over the summer so i dont have to work at school(thats the idea, at least)

right now im all set through january 02' hehe

·
Registered
69 Posts
well, I guess it could depend on your credit and your debt situation...if you have good credit and get a low rate and plan to keep the car for more than 3 years, finance it. The idea is that you can make more money on by investing than you would by paying cash(I understand this may not be true these last 2 years)...it comes down to the fact that a car is not an investment...also if you have other debt like credit cards or other cars, pay off the highest balances first...if you have cc debit and 4000 to put down on a car, pay off the cc rather than put the money down...you'd save a bundle in the long run...enough of money management preaching...my 2 cents I guess

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to clear things up. I just wanna know what method everyone is using or has used to obtain their new IS. Whether its leasing financing or buying out right.

·
11,061 Posts
Financed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn thats dope fishiest!! I wanna get a car allowance worked into the deal when I go for my next job!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am just wondering...did you think that a $33,000 car would compete well with a $55,000 car? If you had the means and the desire to get a car in the class of a 530, why did you even bother 'going cheap' and getting an IS300? That is like saying, "I can't believe I wasted my money on this civic, I should have bought an IS300". They are in two different classes IMO.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Leased...because I am a cheapo and don't make all that much money! I would have like to bought so I could do mods without a worry, then again...I can't afford the mods in the first place

1 - 13 of 13 Posts