Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I can't wait i got mine from the guy from hawaii for $230 shipped plenty worth it for that badass mod. :D anybody else buy from him he still has 2 left! :p

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
:D I can't wait i got mine from the guy from hawaii for $230 shipped plenty worth it for that badass mod. :D anybody else buy from him he still has 2 left! :p
ha....haha.....hahahha...BWAHAHHAHAHAA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Getting mine for $180...top 50 desposits own. : :D

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
Dude.....you are so last week!

I had Angel Eyes on my 10-speed Huffy ages ago.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

and you'll probably pay someone an extra 50 Bucks to install it simply because you're too ignorant to pay less...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
has anyone in the first 50 list recieved theirs yet? i am in and when i emailed him, he said they were shipping that week...and that was about three weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
FutraSupraCharged IS300 said:
has anyone in the first 50 list recieved theirs yet? i am in and when i emailed him, he said they were shipping that week...and that was about three weeks ago.
No, none of us have received our DDE's yet....they are scheduled for shipment sometime next week. We are all getting a bit anxious.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:

Yayay! BWAHAHAHAH! You're paying $180 for some plastic rings and LEDs. Yay! Wo0t! Hooray! Good for you!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I ahve waited months for these things...when the hell are they goin to be shipped..Im on the TOP 50 list....but damn I paid couple months ago...i dont even feel being top 50 was even worth it being that I have had to wait so long....

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm very sorry. I really am. I understand the anxiety - I have more of it than you can imagine.

I know the product will be good...

Here's go the the latest thread with the latest pics.
We will take delivery *hopefully* based on what the factory said on MONDAY, take pics that night or next and move on it quickly to send them out to you.

I can't tell you how I appreciate this board and the member's patience.

We will make it work:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Funny little addition to the gent who thinks that all you're buying is some "plastic rings" and some LEDs.

You're very well informed...er...let's do a little quiz...did you know?
Let's look at the virtues of the Gen IV rings:
1) Poly Carbonate
2) Flexible
3) Clearer than OEM BMW
4) Non-deforming
5) Specifically sized barrel openings that are re-engineered to match our proprietary fiber (no longer sourced from anywhere)
6) Poly Carbonate clips
7) 2+ years of R&D
8) Non-heat sensitive

Now let's break them down one at a time:
1) Clearer, stronger construction. They offer sharper edges, cleaner light dispersion, and better quality than their acrylic brethren. Ask around - Poly Carbonate is becoming the NEXT BIG THING for bumpers, windshields, and side glass for cars. WHY? Because it's durable, looks great, and strong!

2) Flexible - allows the Gen IV rings to be used in multiple application without any problems. Almost completely removes that chance they will break during shipment, installation, or handling.

3) Side by side, they are clearer - even cleaner in their dispersion of light.

4) Despite being flexible, they will maintain their "memory" and not deform. For example, when installed into an E36, they require a slight (few mm) of change in diameter (flexible), when removed, they spring back to their original diameter (a few mm). Also, this is important for e46 because they require no glue to be situated - it's all friction fitting - and the friction fit remains throughout the lifetime of the install.

5) We no longer import our fiber, we make it ourselves. Why? Because this ensures that our manufacturing specifications are adhered to. Why is this important? Because the Gen IV rings have a built in opening. No more messing with a clip that "sits" onto the halo and loses light. Just like the OEM 5-series Halo.

6) The clips for the E46 are also poly carbonate - they withstand an insane amount of pressure and will NOT break - even when pliers are used to break them.

7) What's to say, you get better with age and experience.

8) Will NOT deform (some acrylic WILL deform) due to high heat output of headlights.

·
my.is Headlight Guru
4,786 Posts
BlkLexIs3 said:
just wondering.. if u guys gave ur headlights to get this done... what kinda headlights are u using now?...
You don't actually "give up" your headlights to have the DDEs installed for you. You can order pre-installed DDE/ headlamp units, it arrives to your door and you swap the DDE headlamp with your stock lamps and send your stock lamps back to be recycled. Its a little more expensive but its much more convenient and they come with a warranty. E-mail me if you are interested in pre-installed units.
-Justin

·
Registered
361 Posts
hey thats pretty dope.. cuz arent the stock headlights like close to a G.. this way u get brand new and nicer headlights.. and what was the total .. 200 something?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
it's only a G including the ballasts and all the other mechanical parts of the lamp. For the lamp housing alone..I believe they are from $169 - $200 each

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
19 Participants
ItSjay764
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing