Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the wait time for a special order, and how long has in been usually taking for your car to arive? Also did i get a good deal for $33,987, check my sig.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Waits usually 4 months.

Looks like you got a decent deal.

Too bad the new version will be comming out a year after you take delivery.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Call your dealer and ask them to give you its status...

G Status = car is on ground (ie. at dealership or on ground transport or trucks) The car is supposed to be within 72 hours of arrival, but realistically this could be up to 1 week away.

F Status = Car is in final stages of reaching its destination or still at its port of entry (ie. it is in freight status, or on its way to the dealership by train from the port in Oregon, or a later F Status unit would be in the beggining stages of truck transport) This car would be 1 or 2+ weeks away.

Any other status less than these you are looking at more than a month because the car would not even be off of the ship yet or still at the factory in Japan.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
joebruni said:
Whats the new version?
The new redesigned model. You now how every 5 years or so a car maker releases a new version of the same car.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
My special order took about four and a half months to arrive:

- Manual
- NO moonroof
- LSD
- Graphite rims
- Leather/Ecsaine package

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered mine in the beginning of August and the dealer has informed me that it should be in my hands by Xmas. As for the price you need to let us know what part of the country you are in I got mine for 32.400 in Northern VA witch is pretty good buy in Cali you can get the car for 31,000-31,500.

Forgot to mention mines the same options but in GGP.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Damn, I guess the wait is getting longer. I ordered mine in Aug. 01 took about 4 - 6 weeks I think.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Re: Just ordered my 2003 IS300, how long have you been waiti

joebruni said:
What is the wait time for a special order, and how long has in been usually taking for your car to arive? Also did i get a good deal for $33,987, check my sig.

Hello joebruni :lol:

Congratulations and welcome to the Lexus family. :chill:

I am going to visit Lexus of McGrath and Lexus of Glennville at Illinois.
They both have a 2003 IS 300, Intense Blue Pearl on stock. Wish me luck! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
Bent
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing