Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a set of these for my IS. I wasnt looking to break the bank, but think these will look great with my Black Onyx finish. Anyone have these on their IS? Will post pictures as soon as the winter is over up in NY....hopefully soon!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
looks good bro,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea did you get a staggered set? those look nice!
No staggered, wanted to keep the ability to rotate tires. They are 17X8 though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found this on tire rack ...

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id love a set of black wheels, but am not daring enough to buy them without trying them on first lol.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Rotating wheels/tires is overrated. There's really no point in running tires that last 40k miles, since you get very minimal performance out of them... That is unless you like your IS300 to be your designated grocery getter.

I got 25k out of my last set of 300 treadwear "summer" tires.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Rotating is not overrated. Being in the car biz, you should see the tires that come in just from not being rotated. Doesn't mean it happens with all cars/tires but it does cause issues that I don't want to deal with. I couldnt care less about the performance of tires, would rather have even wear, not feathering. I don't race my IS, if I wanted a racecar, wouldve looked for a TT supra. Also replacing tires in pairs is not the way to go, and this makes that more doable. IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.