Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends are racers who modify their Honda Civics and all that. Me, I am getting an IS300 soon but I want to keep it CLEAN, no mods at all, not even window tints or rims. I just want a clean stock is300. Will I be disrespected, made fun of, talked trashed about, and called poser, all of the above by other people who abide to the racing scene? I am wondering, if so, then back to another era of high school drama, hah.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
My friends are ricers who modify their Honda Civics and all that. Me, I am getting an IS300 soon but I want to keep it CLEAN, no mods at all, not even window tints or rims. I just want a clean stock is300. Will I be disrespected, made fun of, talked trashed about, and called poser, all of the above by other people who are ricers? I am wondering, if so, then back to another era of high school drama, hah.
you should get to know ill roller, hes a douche that came from civics and hes gettin made fun of for the shit hes doin to his IS...I think if you keep it stock you will be ok

and I fixed your original post for you

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
why do you care so much about what other people think? no offence but you need to grow up... it's just a car... welcome aboard

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
why do you care so much about what other people think? no offence but you need to grow up... it's just a car... welcome aboard
WHAT?!?!? you mean you didnt buy your IS300 JUST to impress your buddies and the ladies? wow, thats strange, I got it just so that the panties would drop when the girls saw me comin :lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I was really just off Curiousity, but like you said, it's just a car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WHAT?!?!? you mean you didnt buy your IS300 JUST to impress your buddies and the ladies? wow, thats strange, I got it just so that the panties would drop when the girls saw me comin :lol:
This is300 is going to mean more than impressing the ladies and bro's, it's going to mean hard work. I put blood, sweat, and tears for this car, stuck my neck out trying to get this. I'm not going through finance and I'm putting my hard earned money/time onto this car with my sacrifices. I live and breathe this car about 12 hours a day, if you combine the hours Im working, researching, talking to owners, talking on forums, asking for a little help on the money from other people, basically thinking about the car. Mannnn I love this car to death, honestly. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same, thanks IS community for you replies.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get new friends.
These guys are my best buddies, I wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone else, maybe for a new IS300, but that's all, hah just kidding, but anyway they are my best buddies.

·
Registered
241 Posts
who cares what they or anyone else thinks
but its going to be your car do with it as you please and see fit. if you want to put on 30" wheels and a 24" high spoiler do it. if not then roll stock. the IS is a sweet car and you shouldnt get shit from anyone for haveing it stock because stock it will out perform at least 75% of all civics and look better too. imo

·
Registered
110 Posts
I came from the Honda/Acura World....*sigh*....We are talking about a totally different brand, style, and maturity level when it comes to Lexus....If your friends opinions matter that much to you then listen to thier ADVICE but dont take everything to heart. Remember that at the end of the day YOU are the one who has to drive around in YOUR car. NOT THEM.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
We are talking about a totally different brand, style, and maturity level...Remember that at the end of the day YOU are the one who has to drive around in YOUR car. NOT THEM.
Good post

Reactions: StevenST

·
Registered
548 Posts
My friends are racers who modify their Honda Civics and all that. Me, I am getting an IS300 soon but I want to keep it CLEAN, no mods at all, not even window tints or rims. I just want a clean stock is300. Will I be disrespected, made fun of, talked trashed about, and called poser, all of the above by other people who abide to the racing scene? I am wondering, if so, then back to another era of high school drama, hah.
coming form someone who raced for a long time... you are on the right path.

A real racer wouldnt make fun of you, and would in fact like to have your car as a second car or their only car.

If they talk trash, respond. "This is a lexus, not a thoroughbred sportscar like your honda." You car is the lady transporter. ... if you would like to look at it form a young kids perspective. The right kind of girls wont respect boltons.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
coming form someone who raced for a long time... you are on the right path.

A real racer wouldnt make fun of you, and would in fact like to have your car as a second car or their only car.

If they talk trash, respond. "This is a lexus, not a thoroughbred sportscar like your honda." You car is the lady transporter. ... if you would like to look at it form a young kids perspective. The right kind of girls wont respect boltons.
I think we have a winner as the WORST response in this thread

if you need a Lexus to get girls, you are pathetic

and the RIGHT kind of girls will love the fact that you would rather work on your car than go out to dinner with her, therefore she respects bolt-ons. my girl drives a turbo Bug, she loves it, and she loves it even more because shes boosted and I'm not :pissed: my buddies girl drives an SRT-4, shes getitn ready to do a Stage2, and she loves it, even more because shes got the fastest car in our group of friends. the RIGHT kind of girls love this shit, the bitches that complain about you wantin to go to shows and workin on your car instead of spendin time with her are the ones to stay away from

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On second thought, this post I made was baddd and my worst post ever. Thank you IS community for your inputs, appreciate it.

Reactions: StevenST
1 - 16 of 16 Posts