Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went for a spin, awesome hp increase. I have an IS 350 with hks power exhaust, fsport intake, fsport lowering springs,and the megan midpipe extremely fast and handles great , cant be more pleased. All installed by bev-tech.net great online aftermarket parts place, local shop by my house. Going to have it dynoed soon.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
What you're thinking is a huge hp increase is actually a huge sound increase.

All the parts you listed, combined, will add, at best, around 5% horsepower to an IS350.

It'll make it a fair bit louder though (the exhaust stuff especially) and that's easy to confuse for faster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey knightnshade do you even own a lexus ? I see you posting all these comments after everybodies aftermarket comments saying that all of these parts do nothing but add sound. Personally I thing your ignorant and dont know
what your taking about. Ill prove ur ignorant --- wrong after I get it dynoed!

·
5,207 Posts
Knightshade is right, you will gain some power, but very likely not enough to be consistently measurably faster. Everyone comes on here saying "oh I just added this intake, I should get 5 horsepower, my car feels so much faster!!1!!!!one!!!!!" but in reality, they're not any faster, certainly not enough that they could actually feel a difference. It comes down to the sound, for most people, loud=fast, as soon as they step on that with their new sound, they feel like they're going faster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok Ill prove you wrong too ! Once I have it dynoed so if I can peel out from a stand still about 20 feet which I couldnt do before then your trying to tell me thats only a 5% incease in hp. Sound a little fishy to me, also its not just sound incease.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its proven in almost every car that adding a new exhaust system will add 8-12 hp which is nice increase. So you guys are trying to tell me that JoeZ is lying too tell that to him. If thats the case maybe he should just make a cd with noise on it and save alot of people 2000 dollars.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Its proven in almost every car that adding a new exhaust system will add 8-12 hp which is nice increase. So you guys are trying to tell me that JoeZ is lying too tell that to him. If thats the case maybe he should just make a cd with noise on it and save alot of people 2000 dollars.
Adding an axle-back adds 5-7 hp.

Adding a "full" exhaust like the Joe Z adds 8-12 hp. Just like Joe Z says it does.

A stock IS350 dynos around 265 rwhp.

5% of 265 is 13.25.

So yes, for $2000 you'd be adding less than 5% power to the car.

It's pretty simple math honestly.

Your thread topic was about the megan midpipe, which by itself adds considerably less than a full exhaust would of course, certainly less than any human could notice.

Now, add an intake (5 hp) as well, and you'll finally get, barely, above a 5% power gain. Congrats.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here comes an expert opinion !

Hey Nightshade since I know your such a intake enthusiasts. Today I just added the Injen intake, I bet that really makes you angry !

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
haaha i cant wait when you get disappointing results. adding all of these na mods dont do crap unless your car is optimized for it. Thats why I have an apexi safc 2. so i can lean the a/f ratio and actually get gains. go ahead prove me wrong, but you're not the first person to do this and you wont be the first or last person to be disappointed.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey Nightshade since I know your such a intake enthusiasts. Today I just added the Injen intake, I bet that really makes you angry !
lol u got to admit that intake sounds awesome and it does make u FEEL like ur car is faster :p so i can definatly see where ur coming from, u will be dissapointed tho

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
He doesn't appear to have posted anything since January (doing a search on all posts by original poster), when he had 3 posts looking for headers...probably because the dyno showed him the near-nothing gains everyone said he'd get from what he'd already done.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts