Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to go pick up my pay check but gas tank light is on and its very low. exactly how low does that thing go? below the 'E' line? thanks, i just dont wanna run outta gas on the way to get my paycheck :lol:

·
8,827 Posts
When the empty light comes up, you have approx 1.8 gallons left.
Calculate the distance you can travel from that moment based on your driving habbits and traffic conditions.

When you fill up, subrtract the number of gallons you put in your tank from 17.5. The result will be the fuel you had remaining at the time of pulling into the gas station.

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
i think it could get really close to the stop pin at the bottom. NOt sure, I haven't been dumb enough to find out ;)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
fuct said:
i've done 30 city miles, and 45 highway miles with the light on... both times it still hard a little left.
Man, @ 1.8gal tripping the light, assuming 25mpg.. you were on FUMES buddy. :lol: NICE!

·
Registered
935 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
i have to go pick up my pay check but gas tank light is on and its very low. exactly how low does that thing go? below the 'E' line? thanks, i just dont wanna run outta gas on the way to get my paycheck :lol:
I've driven mine to the point where the gauge was indicating below the "E" mark. It still only took about 16.5 gallons. Assuming all of the remaining gallon was usable (a bad assumption BTW), that wouild leave about 20 miles or so BW (before walking)

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
wjbertrand said:
AustinAltezza said:
I've driven mine to the point where the gauge was indicating below the "E" mark. It still only took about 16.5 gallons. Assuming all of the remaining gallon was usable (a bad assumption BTW), that wouild leave about 20 miles or so BW (before walking)
Or bowing a motor... if you're boosted. :crazy:

·
Registered
43 Posts
haha... i think i can offer some good advice on this one. I have been pushing my gas tank to the limits recently (last three times i filled up, my stick was below the empty line).... until this past sunday, and i actually ran out of gas.

the stick will point a decent amount below the empty line. so i can assure you that there is enough gas to take you all the way to the empty line, but don't push it much further than that!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
just how low does the gas tank go?

---until it is empty.

Ok sorry, but I have taken mine very low. The needle (with gas in the tank) will point to the middle bar of the E<---that middle bar. On my way out to Vegas it got to the middle bar and then I filled up. The tank only took 16.5 gallons--I still had a gallon left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.