Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my jl w7 12" today and my hifonics amp finally for 300 bucks.

Anyways i dont have my HU yet because im still on the edge of two different HU's.

I'm thinking of getting either Clarion NX409 Navigation receiver at Crutchfield.com

or The pioneer avh - p4100 .

Just wondering what could be the best for me to buy?
The clarion has nav but only a 2v output and the pioneer has 3v's if im not mistaken. Well anyways, what would be the main difference between the two?

I have not yet installed everything, waiting for my HU to be installed, but when it is i was probably planning on getting a new amp just for my components, in this case, none of the output stats for either HU will even change the quality of sound out of components anymore, correct?

·
Registered
109 Posts
get the pioneer p4100, its a solid receiver and my buddy has one in his altima

DONT get the clarion V409, its crap and has A LOT of problems. Turst me. Every person who bought it and got it installed has had to come back with issues from not reading CD's, to the lcd dimming to slow processing ect..

Stay away from the low en clarion decks. Spend a bit more, get a nice pioneer / alpine / jvc and it will pay off. Remember that a good head unit can last you easily 10 years if you find a good one.

As for your dash kit, i got one from Best Kits and i got to say, that it installed very nicely. Here are my pics. Its a pioneer AVIC-D3 btw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.