Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just got my car back from the lexus dealer bodyshop due to some scuff marks on the rear bumper. The car's fixed and looks fine in normal light. Now my question is that, is the car supposed to have even a HINT of swirls on the rear bumper after the fix..!!!!

You cant see any in normal light............. but in sun light they become pretty appearant. Its Onyx black and I know its hard to keep swirl free but I want to make sure if I am expecting too much from the bodyshop or wot.

Thanx for the help.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Which body shop. My car was in Pohnanka's about a month ago and when I got it back no swirls at all. Not sure if it's worth complaining about if you can buff it out yourself.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
If they had the car, they should have done it right. Take it back and have them fix it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acumenhokie said:
Which body shop. My car was in Pohnanka's about a month ago and when I got it back no swirls at all. Not sure if it's worth complaining about if you can buff it out yourself.
Lindsay Lexus. Had heard good things about them. They actually did quite a good job. BUT the only thing that I am concerned about are the swirls. They actually told me a day before I got it back, that they do a quality inspection test after it gets done and washed, and accidently the washing guys scratched it and it failed the quality inspection therefore. So they fixed (buffed) it overnight and gave it back to me the next day (11/03/05).

You can clearly see the buff marks/swirls under sun light and also under street light from angles etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts