Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophiesleeps gave a excellent tutorial on "how to shave your fenders", I was gonna do it myself but i found a place that did it for $60 and i left my car for 4 hrs. Knowin' my luck i'd go too far and my rear would collapse. If anyone is in the Long Island, NY area and thinks they might fuck the job up, Dynamic Designs in Copiauge on Montauk Hwy. does that shit plus body kits for a good price and they are reputable. And no i'm not promoting for them, one of my boys got hydraulics and the whole nine in his accord so he put me on. I had some scraping on dips cuz i put on 235/35-19, plus i have Hotchkis lowering springs, that was the biggest wheel that fit, so i just figured i'd throw this post on here and say i have absolutely no scraping right now, but you never know, in NY the roads suck moose balls.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I just got mine shaved yesterday also. I was running 18X8 with +38 offset drropped on s-techs and was rubbing a LOT. I stopped by dasgalloway's place and he busted out the angle grinder and we went to work. It took less than 30 minutes to do the whole thing and it worked great. It was both of our first time ever doing any fender modifications. The only thing that went wrong was a rubber mallet incident which ended up chipping some paint on the passender side rear fender.

Now it only rubs on the driver side when i go over dips in the road at high speed. I think we didnt shave it enough on that side or something, I gotta shave it down a little more one day when I have time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i was afraid of hitting a spot weld so i said fuck it $60 can't beat that, my fronts rub also but the guy said it's only plastic and it'll take years to go through it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts