Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my '01 IS last night. Man this thing is awesome. It's the Pearl White with Tan leather/suede and auto/e-shift. This car makes runs to 125 no problem and is silky smooth. The handling is awesome and the braking is great too. I'm absolutely in love. The car is immaculate and I got a great price (way under kbb), so naturally, I'm stoked! I'll have a chance to detail it this weekend and then I'll post some pics =)

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
Cograts with the new purchase. Your pleasure with the car will just grow as you start to mod it. Good luck and be careful with the bank account. Once you start modding, you cant stop.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Don't forget to make sure the TSB is done (do a search it's all over the place). Enjoy :approve:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
that's exactly how i felt when i picked up my is... i can still remember it like it was yesterday! ahhhh, those were the days... anyways, congrats!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Congrats on the ride. IS300's are very fun to drive. Just be careful of speeding tickets. These cars love to be driven fast!

And TSB = Technical Service Bulletin

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nice pick do you mind if I ask what you picked it up for? (I am looking for a second one.)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
That is the only year and color to own.........cause I have one......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got mine too..

Everything you said Ape is right on.. Unbelieveable car!!

Mine is silver (MSM i guess). Black half/half interior. I already ordered my AVN-2454. Crappy CD Changer.

Enjoying it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
civic2is said:
Everything you said Ape is right on.. Unbelieveable car!!

Mine is silver (MSM i guess). Black half/half interior. I already ordered my AVN-2454. Crappy CD Changer.

Enjoying it.
Hey, you went from a Civic to an IS like I did? For those on this board who continue to say the IS is "slow," drive a Honda Insight for a year, then a stock Honda Civic for a year-and-a-half, and tell me it's still slow! ;) The leap from a 115 hp 4 banger to the IS was a fun one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went from a 500 hp 383 stroker wagon to this, so I notice the handling factors more than anything. But I have owned an integra, and this feel way more powerful.

I picked it up for 15k and it is CPO with an extended warranty to 100k The car is absolutely immacculate, looks brand new ('05 brand new)

The car's power definitely exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats. I've owned a lot of cars (see screen name), and I can honestly say the IS is one of the most all around FUN cars I've ever had. I just love driving it. It's not "the best" at anything, but the whole package is put together so well, it does most everything "very well". Haven't found anything to be disappointed with so far. Sold a G35 Coupe (oh, that; yawn) that I purchased new, to buy this used 5 speed IS, and couldn't be happier. Enjoy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just went for a drive and thought I'd see if this car can get sideways. Verdict: YES IT CAN. I had the traction control off and got really sideways and had to bring the car to a stop. *PHEW* It was fun, but a little to close to a bang up for me! (Ditch on one side, Embankment on the other) I'll be leaving the trac on for awhile, until I have some open road to get used to the car. Wheel spin and engine rev is hard to hear on this thing!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ape, it seems we both got the same car this week!! ;) and your right, they are completly awesome. Im glad to see you are as happy and excited about yours as I am!! let see some pics!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts