Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn....this thing looks a lot more complicated to install than I thought....theres like 36 steps! :eek: I'll be installing it with a friend tomorrow night. How long do you think it should take? Looks like it might take over an hour.... :-? It looks really sweet though.

By the way...the kit came with a CARB sticker that I won't be needing. Anyone out in Cali want it? :wink:

I'll post a review on friday!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OZIS200 said:
planning on doing a before and after dyno? or a sound clip? :p :D
Probably won't do a dyno. I got the intake primarily because of the more aggressive sound it will give. And also just because I think that open element intakes look cool! :lol: According to K&N, there's about a 7-8hp increase with this intake. Who knows though? :-?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Congrats on your New intake!!! :D

All you got it was for looks and sound???

The PLP and smiliar style intakes :wink:, will produce the same Rearwheel Horse Power if not more then the K&N.. For a lot less money for sure. :chill:

Open element intakes for our NA car, does not really work to our advantage in the long run, unless your running a Piggy back ECU or an SAFC, in which then you will be able to yield more RWHP. like SRT's 13 rwhp gain for $550. :noway: . Wow thats $42 per horsepower!!! :lol:

Just my .02$... of knowledge.
You will be happy with your purchase.

Joe Z

craniac24 said:
Probably won't do a dyno. I got the intake primarily because of the more aggressive sound it will give. And also just because I think that open element intakes look cool! :lol: According to K&N, there's about a 7-8hp increase with this intake. Who knows though? :-?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joe Z said:

The PLP and smiliar style intakes :wink:, will produce the same Rearwheel Horse Power if not more then the K&N.. For a lot less money for sure. :chill:

Open element intakes for our NA car, does not really work to our advantage in the long run, unless your running a Piggy back ECU or an SAFC, in which then you will be able to yield more RWHP. like SRT's 13 rwhp gain for $550. :noway: . Wow thats $42 per horsepower!!! :lol:

Joe Z

craniac24 said:
Yeah....I know that the PLP and that Joe Schmoe intake ( :wink: ) are probably a better value as far as HP is concerned. But let's be honest here...anyone who gets an intake, even one with a piggyback or s-afc, and thinks that they're really going to feel a significant increase is kidding themselves. I figure if I get 6 or 7 HP along with a nice aggressive growl (something I can't get with the PLP or the Joe Boxer intake) then it'll be money well spent.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Thanks for the name calling... That was real mature.. :roll:

I am glad you now about the rwhp gains already, all I did was share some good info & knowledge with you and the rest of the .net.. (wasn't flaming you)

You will enjoy your new look and aggressive growling intake. :D

BTW - If you try to run an SRT intake with out the piggyback ECU, you will not yield the 13-15 rwhp on a DYNO, it will be much less....

Thanks

Jz 8)

craniac24 said:
Yeah....I know that the PLP and that Joe Schmoe intake ( :wink: ) are probably a better value as far as HP is concerned. But let's be honest here...anyone who gets an intake, even one with a piggyback or s-afc, and thinks that they're really going to feel a significant increase is kidding themselves. I figure if I get 6 or 7 HP along with a nice aggressive growl (something I can't get with the PLP or the Joe Boxer intake) then it'll be money well spent.
Joe Z said:

Joe Z

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe Z said:
Thanks for the name calling... That was real mature.. :roll:

I am glad you now about the rwhp gains already, all I did was share some good info & knowledge with you and the rest of the .net.. (wasn't flaming you)

You will enjoy your new look and aggressive growling intake. :D

BTW - If you try to run an SRT intake with out the piggyback ECU, you will not yield the 13-15 rwhp on a DYNO, it will be much less....

Thanks

Jz 8)

craniac24 said:
Joe Z said:

Joe Z
Lighten up dude! I was just messin' with ya. Thats what the :wink: was for. Sheesh!

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
craniac24 said:
Lighten up dude! I was just messin' with ya. Thats what the :wink: was for. Sheesh!
Ok...Ok... Having a rough day on the market...
I'll lighten up. :lol:

Jz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Joe Z said:
craniac24 said:
Ok...Ok... Having a rough day on the market...
I'll lighten up. :lol:

Jz
No joke, I just lost a couple thousand on TXN. :cry: There goes my mod money. Diversify, diversify, diversify.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the intake is in, and it looks and sounds AMAZING! Install was a bitch though. I had a friend who has installed intakes before help me last night and it STILL took almost 2 hours!!! :eek: It seems that the FIPK intake comes with a lot more hardware than your average intake, mostly due to the heatshield. Also, all the directions were in black and white so in some cases, the pictures really weren't too helpful.

Once installed though, it all became worth it. The intake tube and all the hardware is black, so it blends in with the rest of the engine bay perfectly...looks really sharp! Like most open element intakes, it sounds about as quiet as stock for normal everyday driving. Once you put the hammer down though, it sounds like a completely different car. The tone is deep and aggressive, but not obtrusive IMO. Right around 3800 RPM it seems like the tone resonates with the entire frame of the car.....it sounds great!

As far as whether the car is any faster....who the hell knows? Probably not. If it was any faster, it was probably due to the fact that there was now a clean filter on the car. This intake wasn't exactly cheap at $270, but I would say definitely well worth it. I'll see if I can get some pics up sometime soon.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Even if Texas is Cali in training, why would you need a California Air Resources Board sticker in texas?? You'd need a TARB sticker. So Carniac, you better send that sticker to me :D

fuct said:
I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas is Cali in training. I need the sticker......

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Joe Z said:

Jz 8)

craniac24 said:
Joe Z said:

Joe Z

Without the piggy back the car wont even make it to the dyno.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts