Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my is300 yesterday and i cant get enough but i have a few questions.
Does anyone know how long i should to break in the car for? and one more question
I asked the guy at the dealership if they were gonna get any body kits from the factory cuz i heard they european models were getting a sports kit, sure enough he gave me a brochure for a new is300 limited edition coming out. It is called is300 LTuned. The body kits that the LTuned should come with should also be available seperately. Here is my other question. does anyone know when they will be selling the body kits or how much they will costs?
-the IS Newbie

·
Registered
219 Posts
L-Tune is300 body kits are already out! they are around 1400-1500 unpainted.
i hate to say this but "research". go to search and put L-tune. you'll find some good infomations...
i hope this helped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer says that there really isnt an actual "break-in" period. His mechanics say that the only important thing is to not use the cruise control before 1,000 miles. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
well, i patiently waited until 5,000 miles. in the mean time, i never went above 5,000 rpm or 80 mph.

Afterwards, STEP ON THE GAS!!! AND BUST SOME DONUTS!!!!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
There are also a lot of information about "break-in" periods for the IS300 on this forum. Do a search on "break-in" or anything of that nature and you should get all the information you need.

It was a long thread and there were different views as to how to break-in an IS300, so trying to re-cap on this thread would take some time.

IS300_white

·
Registered
69 Posts
no cruise..? first time I've heard that...hope its not true...I used it some since it was the only way to keep my car below 80 on the interstate...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
During the break-in period, you'll want to vary the engine speed (i.e., RPM's) as you drive, not just keep the car under certain RPM or speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts