Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Hotchkis coils from My.IS store. I was too big of a puss to install them myself, but a local shop did it for $140. That was too good to pass up. Anyway, I'm very happy with the look (even with stock rims). Also, the ride is very similar to stock, but far less body roll in the corners. Anyone out there deciding whether to take of advantage of the Hotchkis for $120 shipped, I say go for it. I'm really happy with mine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
maybe a few pics....if you have time...i think everyone considering buying them would like to see....thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just picked up while on my lunch hour. It may be awhile before I post pics. I know that I have run across a couple of pictures of drops on stock rims.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have had some sort of "hell yes!!!" in my voice when he told me $35 because he had to tell "per spring". I couldn't believe it was that cheap, either.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
nice pics =D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks very good...Makes me wanna do it...

·
Registered
578 Posts
that clean drop dude and your car is looking good

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, still stock shocks. No problems at all, except that I have to be a little more careful on inclines and other obstacles. :bigSmile: I don't drive it too hard, but if you noticed, I live in West Virginia. There are enough turns in everyday driving to be able to say that it has less body roll.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
im getting mine installed for FREE!!! best girlfriend in the world's dad runs a place who will do it for free for me...

so im just waiting for a day he can install them...

any side profile pics?

im rolling on 19"s so im hoping this will be a perfect drop(body right above tire)

like you said inclines are bad...well i live in san francisco..haha...im hoping all is well...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I didn't get any pics from the side. The car was parked between mine and the neighbor's house. Too close to fit the whole car in the shot. Good luck with the 19's, but sounds like you may be a lucky person. Can't beat free!

·
Registered
387 Posts
damn thats hot...free is not beatable!! let us know how the ride is with them 19s on and the drop...

·
Registered
14 Posts
from the pictures, seems like it didn't drop much.
after I installed Hotchkis springs, I kept scratch the front mud guard.
However, I am so happy with cornering.
By the way, I would recommend changing swaying bars instead of springs if anyone is looking for cornernig performance instead of the drop.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the drop was about what was promised. An inch and a half in front and one inch in rear. The rear wells would look more full if I had some new tread. Damn this car is hard on the rear tires......or is it me that is hard on the rear tires? Regardless, I like the look.

·
Registered
910 Posts
GingX69 said:
I think the drop was about what was promised. An inch and a half in front and one inch in rear. The rear wells would look more full if I had some new tread. Damn this car is hard on the rear tires......or is it me that is hard on the rear tires? Regardless, I like the look.
Looks good man, not too drastic but clean

·
Registered
32 Posts
ride quality?

GingX69 said:
Sorry it took so long for the pics. No exotic locations - just the driveway.
Here's another link, too.......
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gingx69/album?.dir=/d56f

Hows the ride quality compared to stock? Is it really stiff? Im savings for a tien setup. I dont want to ride quality to be stiff like on my integra i had.

Thats a good price if it didnt affect ride quality too much. What do you estimate the drop be? From the pics maybe about a inch all the way around?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts