Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I just got koni's installed and my tires rub with people in the back seat is there any good answer on how to adjust my koni's settings?

I am taking off for college monday and have to load my car down with stuff so this is sort of an immediate concern.

All four koni's are set to the highest pearch, should I tighten the shocks completely to prevent bouncy? or if I losen them alot then will it have that rebound to not touch? It seemed to me that when I drove with my koni's lose it rode higher ... is this true?

any help is appreciated, I just searched through 10 pages of "koni" and "koni settings". cheers -

hobbes

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Koni's + Tein Stech springs

Wheels are 18x8 with +45 offset

Tires are 235/40/18

They rub a tiny bit over bumps and what not, that was with it all the way tightened and 3/4 turn back , I just cranked them down today so we'll see what that does ... would it better to have it on the softer side?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhh anyone please help?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
djhobbes said:
I have Koni's + Tein Stech springs

Wheels are 18x8 with +45 offset

Tires are 235/40/18

They rub a tiny bit over bumps and what not, that was with it all the way tightened and 3/4 turn back , I just cranked them down today so we'll see what that does ... would it better to have it on the softer side?
hmm sorry bro, i thoguht maybe ur wheels had something to do with it but thats pretty conservative. i wouldnt think its better on the softer side bc u will have more flex in the body causing it to rub just as much if not more. how many finger gap are we tlaking about that its makin it rub

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
n/m boys i got them rolled, they scraped a lil bit but then with aloaded car they started to eat up my tires so the rears i ended up rolling.

- hobbes

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
imprimis should know a lot about this. he has the exact same setup. wait til he gest back..should be any minute now... lol

good luck! inm tihnking bout buying this setup from him...

-Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts