Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The moment I drove off the lot I could notice the difference. I mean it is now more response and feels like more up off the line. Did they do the 0-60 test with or without the new upgrades b/c i bet it makes a difference.. ATLEAST WITH ME.. I AM SOOOO HAPPPPYYY
... VROOOM VROOM

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Dont get people all hyped up. I got it about a week ago and there is hardly any difference in response off of a stop. There is noticable difference with reaction in acceration at higher speeds but the acceleration off a stop is hardly noticable and I guarentee any 1/4 or 0-60 times would be greatly effected.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt post hype i posted what I felt with my car. Not your car and not anyone elses, MINE you idiot so stop downin everything everyone says geeese.. cant people just be happy on this board..

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Watch it, the freekin' dog is loozin' it....lol I am still waitin' to get mine fixed, my service rep is tryin' to tell me they know nothing. I find it hard to believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how do I know if my IS300 needs to have the trac/ecu upgrade?? is this some sort of recall, and what exatcly for????

Dan

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
For the Umpteenth time .. THERE IS NO RECALL!! IF YOU ASK YOUR DEALER ABOUT A RECALL THEY WILL OBVIOUSLY SAY NO. It is an update to existing parts as requested by the owners need.

From what I have seen... IS's react and drive very differently. Some a lot quicker than others. Maybe the ECU Updates will have a varying effect depending on how fast your car was to begin with. That can explain how some say WOW!! and some say HUH.. WHAT DIFFERENCE?? It's all relative guys.

·
Registered
32 Posts
so is it worth it or can I even get this done at the dealership if I already have the apexi S-afc in my car??? OR is the apexi doing the same thing that the ecu upgrade would do????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
trbomr2
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing