Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ohhh this thing is niiiice... all shiny, lol... in the few hours ive had to test her, the car feels faster, the lag that used to be there has all but disappeared, very quick on the pickup, seems to have added power all through the range. im able to break my tires loose much easier and for a longer amount of time through corners and gateshifting feels much much stronger than it used to. the sound, at initial startup it was very different and noticeable, but on start ups thereafter it has settled and is not as noticeable. still noticeable, not too much so, compliments the racepipe quite nicely, driving normally you wouldnt be able to tell it was there- but as soon as you mash it the car comes to life and roars accordingly. since the gaskets didnt come in yet, they made some custom ones temporarily, since i needed my car back, so i cant comment on its sound at WOT much yet, most likely they'll get me the gasket before i dyno, which will most likely be sometime next week.

so to make a long story short, initial thoughts are good, power delivery and pickup are much better than before, soundwise it is not as loud as i expected, which is perfect for me. dyno and extended review to come.

doncorleone.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Sounds good...I wish i could have waited for this setup. I just changed out my toyomoto midpipe (i just had teh header section in). how tolerable is the exhaust smell? It seems I can't drive with the windows down anymore.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
yo thanh wsup man? You gotta hook me up with a ride. I'd like to hear your car also. I wannna drop the racepipe but I got bills left and right plus christmas shopping. I wanna see how it feels with my hiper and srt. damn i bet with the racepipe and headers our cars are probably gonna dyno out at 215 plus easy. so yea do you guys still meet at the pizza place on Thursdays? I'd like to come check out your car.

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UCLA-IS300 said:
Sounds good...I wish i could have waited for this setup. I just changed out my toyomoto midpipe (i just had teh header section in). how tolerable is the exhaust smell? It seems I can't drive with the windows down anymore.
only time it smelled was on initial start up, just gas fumes but that was it, now it doesnt smell much if at all on start up or hard driving... i'll keep you updated as i get more miles, but as of today there is nothing...

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UpTownIS300er said:
yo thanh wsup man? You gotta hook me up with a ride. I'd like to hear your car also. I wannna drop the racepipe but I got bills left and right plus christmas shopping. I wanna see how it feels with my hiper and srt. damn i bet with the racepipe and headers our cars are probably gonna dyno out at 215 plus easy. so yea do you guys still meet at the pizza place on Thursdays? I'd like to come check out your car.
the car will sound better/different once i get the gasket, its just i needed my car today and couldnt wait for the gasket to come in, so i have a minor exhaust leak, no biggie, but just telling you the sound now is not gonna be the sound that you will get. we'll get the right gasket on and then i will describe it for those who'd like to know.

ill give you a ride, my racepipe alone dynoed 172.5 (?-iirc) on a mustang dyno, non sae corrected, and if i computed that right it means sae corrected was 192.5rwhp roughly? hopefully i get over 215rwhp, it feels like it could definately do that...maybe i'll gtech it this week... i feel ya on the bills, my mod money is limited to diapers and formula, lol. yeah we still meet on thursdays, call me first and we'll meet up...

and welcome back to america foo.

thanh
[email protected]

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the insight on the XERD headers. i ordered mine a couple days ago, along with the race-pipe. i have a question....what is a gasket? do they not give you the gasket that you need? will i not get a gasket? and whats up with the minor exhaust leak? peace.
the gasket is the piece that goes between the header and the racepipe to form an airtight seal, i needed my car today and eyal didnt get the gaskets in yet so he made me a custom one temporarily, it doesnt fit perfectly and thats why i have a minor exhaust leak (air leaking out of where the header and racepipe meet) its not a big deal and eyal will get me a gasket soon. every customer will get the right gaskets with their header.

·
Registered
841 Posts
DonCorleone - Does the header vibrate like the toyomoto ones? When I idle or come to a complete stop, i hear this metal to metal vibration. It bothers me a lot, if the xerd race pipe and header don't vibrate, I'm gonna get them!! Keep us updated please, thanks.

·
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JChen said:
DonCorleone - Does the header vibrate like the toyomoto ones? When I idle or come to a complete stop, i hear this metal to metal vibration. It bothers me a lot, if the xerd race pipe and header don't vibrate, I'm gonna get them!! Keep us updated please, thanks.
so far, nope. no metal to metal vibration at idle. again will update if anything.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
AWWWWWWWE SSSSHHHIIITTTT........HERE WE GO!!!

BOOOOOMUFUCHINYYYYYAAAAA!!!!!

I for one, AM IN!!!

no rides needed Don, i'm gettin' my own!!!!!! :p :p

NO CEL'S / NO VIBRATIONS / NO STINKY SMELL!!!

I AM CALLIN' EYAL NEXT WEEK FOR MINE....!

SOMEONE is getting cut off my xmas list this year...... DOH!

Sheeit if I don't pull near 220 with dis thing i'll be a bit pissy for sure

Isn't a 10hp increase via Header pretty doggone reasonable????

Thanh how was installation... i hear headers r a bitch...?

approx how long to install....?

soon as Eyal has those gaskets in, I am picking one up!!

ne1 kno of a deal on Safc/ or HKS Afr...?

I gots to get all the stuff together pretty soon now...

it's gonna be a good xmas fo sho!!!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
edgy said:
AWWWWWWWE SSSSHHHIIITTTT........HERE WE GO!!!

BOOOOOMUFUCHINYYYYYAAAAA!!!!!

I for one, AM IN!!!

no rides needed Don, i'm gettin' my own!!!!!! :p :p

NO CEL'S / NO VIBRATIONS / NO STINKY SMELL!!!

I AM CALLIN' EYAL NEXT WEEK FOR MINE....!

SOMEONE is getting cut off my xmas list this year...... DOH!

Sheeit if I don't pull near 220 with dis thing i'll be a bit pissy for sure

Isn't a 10hp increase via Header pretty doggone reasonable????

Thanh how was installation... i hear headers r a bitch...?

approx how long to install....?

soon as Eyal has those gaskets in, I am picking one up!!

ne1 kno of a deal on Safc/ or HKS Afr...?

I gots to get all the stuff together pretty soon now...

it's gonna be a good xmas fo sho!!!
wow :eek:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
dude edgy....where do u get all your money? you've been modding pretty quickly.... I for one am struggling to mod my car. Bills and girlfriends ya kno? fuhq well i envy you, man i'd like to hear how your car rumbles after the header install.... you gotta post a clip.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
after successfully i complete my latest contract HIT, I usually sell energy on the black market..... :lol: :eek:

well really....
I was saving up for a M3 & was gonna put like 8-10k down on a used '98-'99 model cus the used car interest rates are so shitty... but my bro hooked me up with the deal on the lex & i got the killer 3.1 financing so i had cash left over for mods.... :crazy: :p

i've FINALLY got the car driving & looking like it should & NOT like every other fuggin MSM is300 out there....

it is time to chill a bit tho reserves are low & xmas is always a big hit.... i do have a few things left to get tho... & with a nice xmas bonus i will get them on ... the big things will have to wait...

Stoptech Frt brakes
Tein or ?? Coilovers
????

But I think I'll be able to get the header by xmas,...& looking for a sweet deal on the HKS AFR or Apexi S-AFC prefer HKS AFR

Edgy...
NOT rollin in dough tho it might look like that....sorta...?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
edgy
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing