Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a new CNC milling machine and put it in my garage for some extra income. But I figured why not whip up some after-markets while I'm at it. Does anyone have any idea for some brackets, plates, spacers, washers, ANYTHING COOL FOR MY IS!!! Just keep in mind, its a mill, not a lathe. And I only have 20"X40" of travel so i can't be making a new sub frame or anything. Any ideas would be great! Blueprints with dimensions and tolerances would also be appreciated ;)

Thanks!
-Jake

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, about how much does a CNC machine of that size cost? Some companies have made spacers and braces for the rear subframe, I can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure there are some things that could be done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a used one for 30K from a company I had worked for in the past that was going out of business. I want to start up my own shop in the future, but this is the first step.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Make a set of custom wheels. ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
These are a couple of things I would like to have machined for the IS at some point. Just some ideas.

Aluminum shifter plate for my E-Shift - I hate the stock one.
Aluminum climate control knobs.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
make some intakes and exhaust then sell them to those youngsters in high school.. make a few bucks on the side for now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol come on people i need some blueprints for cams, intakes, exhausts. some thread specs are helpful on knobs, and shifter.

·
Registered
916 Posts
make some intakes and exhaust then sell them to those youngsters in high school.. make a few bucks on the side for now
good idea. CNC Jake - use your cnc mill to CNC some exhaust and intakes out of a solid block of metal. He didn't get a pipe bender lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts