Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a dyno on my is300 01 and with srt r-ecu and they said that my best run was 135.15hp and 124.53tq. Is this right? Please tell me that they dont know what the fuk ther doing. I got the dyno done at AMS in Irvine

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That definitely sounds wrong. I believe even a stock car should put down around 180rwhp. Does your car drive fine? Perhaps the car is in "limp" mode for some reason?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uberchuckie said:
That definitely sounds wrong. I believe even a stock car should put down around 180rwhp. Does your car drive fine? Perhaps the car is in "limp" mode for some reason?
The car drives fine. Can anyone tell me where I can go to get a dyno done right?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I literally laughed out loud reading those results. Def. give it another go man. Do you know anyone else w/ an IS? If so, drive theirs and if it feels the same, take it back to the dyno shop and have em do it again for free. If you were in my area, I could tell you plenty of places to go to get accurate readings. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
uberchuckie said:
Since the '01s are autos, then his stock power output should probably be closer to 165-175whp.

You should make sure that the dyno shop runs the car in 4th gear (as stated above) and also verify that all accessories (radio, A/C, etc.) AND traction control are turned off. I'm guessing that traction control was still on. If not, then get your engine checked out. I think even if you dyno'ed in 5th gear, the results wouldn't be that low.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
AMS's dyno is a dynojet correct? haven't heard really good results from AMS yet. try out SP Engineering. i used to have their number on my cell.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the traction control was off and they did the the dyno in 3th gear and yes they have a dynojet. What do you guys think about LMW and ther dyno

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
lexis3oo said:
the traction control was off and they did the the dyno in 3th gear and yes they have a dynojet. What do you guys think about LMW and ther dyno

If you're close enough, try to work with LMW... they know what they're doing. I don't believe they have a dyno in shop but they do have experience with IS300's.

You should have dyno'd in 4th gear. My own numbers are consistantly almost 75 whp lower when I do a dyno in 3rd (for whatever god awful reason I'd do that).

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
dasgalloway said:
If you're close enough, try to work with LMW... they know what they're doing. I don't believe they have a dyno in shop but they do have experience with IS300's.

You should have dyno'd in 4th gear. My own numbers are consistantly almost 75 whp lower when I do a dyno in 3rd (for whatever god awful reason I'd do that).

lmw has a dyno now. you should go there.

edit: i did all my team lexus dyno in 3rd gear.. OMGG

so das, your saying i actually had more gains?

also traction control was on..does that really matter? :(

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i used LMW/LMS's dyno at their Lexus Fest...
i am sad, i only put down 186. BOO!
set up: HKS Metal Flow on LMS CAI, Toyomoto Gen.1 Header and Y-pipe, HKS CF/Ti.
oh and i was on my heavy 19s. :(

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
i used LMW/LMS's dyno at their Lexus Fest...
i am sad, i only put down 186. BOO!
set up: HKS Metal Flow on LMS CAI, Toyomoto Gen.1 Header and Y-pipe, HKS CF/Ti.
oh and i was on my heavy 19s. :(
awww booo...i gonna have the almost same setup except a rod millen with the metal flow and 18" :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
lexis3oo said:
LMW has an awesome dyno. I would recommend them to anyone. I dynoed 213 on my 05 auto. Def. check them out. BTW they will wash your car for free =D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Dude I have NEVER seen anyone dyno a car as poorly as that place just did. From the video it looked like they were just giving your car short revs. They do not know what the hell their doing. Take it to LMS since they're pretty close to you.

-Yamaha Dave

1 - 20 of 36 Posts