Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if its a good deal but it looks good to me just got a email from bayridge lexus in ny for a savings winter package
Winter Service Special- $79.95

Oil and filter change (up to 5 qts of oil)

Rotate & inspect all 4 tires

27 point vehicle inspection
Top off all fluids
Inspect brake system
Test battery
for that price seems better than me being out there in this cold lol i do all my mods myslef well the easy stuff but hey i spend more on lunch a week anyway hope this helps anyone.....:cool:

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Bring your own oil and filter to the dealership....then it should be around 50 bucks.

This is what I have done in the past a few times. Now I take mine to Toyota and only pay 26 bucks w/tire rotation....still bringing in my own oil and filter of course.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn!!!!!thanks i will do just that!the only thing is toyota sometimes doesnt want to work on lexus here:pissed: but thanks for the info

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
damn!!!!!thanks i will do just that!the only thing is toyota sometimes doesnt want to work on lexus here:pissed: but thanks for the info
Yeah, no problem.

Ahhh, shitty about Toyota. I hear that from others as well. I don't know why some Toyota dealership give people a hard time if they come in to get their Lexus done. It's stupid.....technically Lexus is a Toyota..so dumb. Anyway, my local Toyota loves having me bring my car in....I get to use all the service coupons they have for Toyota vehicles as well. :)

Also, just to let you know....I buy full synthetic mobil 1 at wall-mart for cheap then go buy a mobile 1 filter at Autozone. Sometimes Autozone will have a package sale on mobil 1 oil+filter for under 30 bucks. Costco also sells full synthetic mobil 1 oil by the bulk.

·
Registered
479 Posts
NEVER go to a dealership and ask for a "SERVICE" you will pay too much.
A Toyota dealer $40 oil change will get you all the same things done as this special will. They may charge you $10 for a tire rotation, but $50 total is better than $80 for a "special"
If you wanna give them an extra $30 to feel all warm and fuzzy inside, go ahead. :)
The reason they always inspect all vehicles on oil changes is so they can sell
you brakes or seals if you have leaks etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.