Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just dynoed my car (MSM 5spd MT) today just for kicks. I managed to get Max HP = 197hp, Max Torque = 200 ft-lbs. My mods are: dirty TRD filter, Joe Z intake, L-tuned exhaust, and NEO synthetic oil. I didn't do a dyno run when I was stock so I couldn't measure a true baseline. Since my air filter and oil was pretty dirty at the time, I could possibly get a little more power? I guess another $75 will tell me. Here is the print out.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Cool cool.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
dan thats great..rite under 200 just with intake and exhaust.....

hmm wonder what i;'ll get with 2.5 exhaust, injen and megan racepipe...

-Aaron

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
dan thats great..rite under 200 just with intake and exhaust.....

hmm wonder what i;'ll get with 2.5 exhaust, injen and megan racepipe...

-Aaron
crap. '01 e-shifts are weak.
i dyno'd 186hp/184ftlbs.
LMS CAI/ HKS Metal Flow/ Toyo header and y-pipe/ HKS CF/Ti
but i was spinning 19" volk sf-winnings

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
those are very good numbers. your car has very good potential. get headers, cam gear, etc etc then tune that biatch and dyno it again

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
crap. '01 e-shifts are weak.
i dyno'd 186hp/184ftlbs.
LMS CAI/ HKS Metal Flow/ Toyo header and y-pipe/ HKS CF/Ti
but i was spinning 19" volk sf-winnings

hmm could it be the HKS filter? why did u change it from the LMS one? did u dyno at LMS?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K3RRY said:
those are very good numbers. your car has very good potential. get headers, cam gear, etc etc then tune that biatch and dyno it again
thanks. an safc is a maybe. i might think about getting a y-pipe down the road as well.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
web1028x said:
thanks. an safc is a maybe. i might think about getting a y-pipe down the road as well.
afc will def help yield better numbers especially if you get the y-pipe. depending on your mods +10 to 16rwhp.
if you get the y-pipe stick with the stock headers, if not keep the stock y and get aftermarket headers. one or the other
food for thought

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
hmm could it be the HKS filter? why did u change it from the LMS one? did u dyno at LMS?
i swapped out the LMS filter (K&N) for a better flowing one (HKS Metal Flow, stainless steel filter (no oil) with a titanium top) and relocated it to the hole next to the fog light.
and i did dyno it at LMS.

my low numbers are due to my 19s and e-shit, i mean e-shift.

·
Registered
903 Posts
K3RRY said:
afc will def help yield better numbers especially if you get the y-pipe. depending on your mods +10 to 16rwhp.
if you get the y-pipe stick with the stock headers, if not keep the stock y and get aftermarket headers. one or the other
food for thought

why not both headers and race pipe? i mean other than sound i couldnt imagine a downfall

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have the same set up right now and im curious how much rwhp im putting out right now...Im hoping for 190 hp with intake and cat back exhaust...I would be pleasantly suprised if I made # like you...maybe your car is a mutant...lol...I'll post # when I have a chance to dyno...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kingu 808 said:
I have the same set up right now and im curious how much rwhp im putting out right now...Im hoping for 190 hp with intake and cat back exhaust...I would be pleasantly suprised if I made # like you...maybe your car is a mutant...lol...I'll post # when I have a chance to dyno...
maybe my car is a oddity of some sorts :) i forgot to mention, mine is a '03 model w/LSD. i got redline synthetic in both the rear diff (75w90) and gearbox (mt-90) and flushed both of them 3 times before 10k miles. don't know if those are factors that can contribute to gain.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts