Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went wit Hotchkis 1.5 in the front and 1.0 in the rear included are before and after pics. I do have some rubbing in the front but the rear seems to be fine for now. I did have to take out my box and i'm a lil nervous about putting it back it-shoulda went with a bass tube. I have just enough clearance without the box, and this fukin thing weighs like 70lbs-it's a fukin brick, so I'm leaving it out for now.
The first 2 pics are before and the next 3 are after:
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: scottycameron

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
gotta say though i'm real happy wit the look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Lookin' awesome! I really like the Zenetti wheels you have. Those are probably what I will end up getting. How's the ride with 19s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad w/19's but i have to revise my earlier comment about the rears being fine-they're not. I just hit some dips a minute ago and there was a lil scraping. My friend works at a wheel shop so he said he'll roll the lips for me, that should help alot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i still have enough room for a body kit-right? I want it low but not to the point where i'm on the floor and can't park in normal stalls
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,548 Posts
Looks good, I'm dropping on Hotchkis this week. Hope I dont have many issues w/ rubbing, 18's 7.5 w/ 45 offset.

$120 shipped is a steal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,450 Posts
scottycameron said:
Looks good, I'm dropping on Hotchkis this week. Hope I dont have many issues w/ rubbing, 18's 7.5 w/ 45 offset.

$120 shipped is a steal.

I went for that same price. I can't wait to get mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
yeah im gonna get them. does anybody know how long u can ride on them with the stock shocks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
DAMN! Looks good. I have 18x7.5 with the Hotchkis drop and mine looks lower. HMM!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Grt06 said:
yeah im gonna get them. does anybody know how long u can ride on them with the stock shocks?
You can ride on them for awhile but if your stock struts/shocks have like 60k on them I would recommend replacing them if you're going with lowering springs in general.

No rule or anything just a habit on my part. I always like to change the whole springs/shock/strut set up together or closely together. This helps keep costs down for installations if you're not a do-it-selfer.

Just my .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,450 Posts
navid said:
You can ride on them for awhile but if your stock struts/shocks have like 60k on them I would recommend replacing them if you're going with lowering springs in general.

No rule or anything just a habit on my part. I always like to change the whole springs/shock/strut set up together or closely together. This helps keep costs down for installations if you're not a do-it-selfer.

Just my .02
I am approaching 40K! And after purchasing the Hotchkis Springs I was debating on finding a set of newer stock shocks and struts to use.

I am I ok to reuse my existing ones or should do it with newer stock shocks/struts....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,548 Posts
AntzLexusIS said:
I am approaching 40K! And after purchasing the Hotchkis Springs I was debating on finding a set of newer stock shocks and struts to use.

I am I ok to reuse my existing ones or should do it with newer stock shocks/struts....
The Hotchkis were engineered to pair w/ the stock shocks, and from everything I've read here our stocks are good for 75,000+ miles.

I currently have 44,000 and plan on keeping the stockies for a while yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah ....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
401 Posts
nice drop!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top