Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AsianSensation334 said:
fuggin nice bro! :D how long did it take you to paint your calipers? and how much did you pay for your floor jack's? thanks

-ringo
thanks man, the actual painting took about 30 minutes. My floor jack I had for a long time and I can't remember how much I got it for, but my jack stands costs 20 bucks for all 4 from pep boys.

The hardest part was finding where to jack the car up to get the stands in. With all the underbody covers I couldn't see anything.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AsianSensation334 said:
thanks bro, you did used g2 caliper paint right?

-ringo
Yea I did, it might have been easier to remove the caliper and spray it with high temp paint/enamel, but from what I've read, the G2 paint lasts longer and is more durable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks really good!

I'm thinking of going a little more understated on my GGP. Black calipers with the Lexus decals.

The red sure does look good though.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
831 Posts
yours look exactly mine I will take pictures later :) I just did two wheels at a time. Used a floor jack to jack up the whole front, let it dry then did the same for the back. I had plenty of time too since I only mixed half the paint for each end.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't spray on a clear coat because I read the G2 glossy paint is good enough, but now I'm wondering w/o the clear coat...won't the stickers get dirty and become uncleanable? also, won't the brake cleaner supplied in the kit eat the sticker?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
I didn't spray on a clear coat because I read the G2 glossy paint is good enough, but now I'm wondering w/o the clear coat...won't the stickers get dirty and become uncleanable? also, won't the brake cleaner supplied in the kit eat the sticker?

if you use the clear coat just tape it on. if you spray too much the G2 stuff will run. and dont use brakecleaner, that'll eat the paint..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice setup!

I want to paint mine red too - can you provide a link on how to take the calipers off and paint them

How much is it for the paint and the Lexus stickers. Also, where can I buy the stickers

Thanks

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Randel2 said:
Nice setup!

I want to paint mine red too - can you provide a link on how to take the calipers off and paint them

How much is it for the paint and the Lexus stickers. Also, where can I buy the stickers

Thanks
You don't need to take the calipers off, the G2 uses a brush applicator so all you have to do is clean it first then apply.

I got the stickers from Flatline through the is300.net store. The paint I got from tirerack.com for ~40 bucks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
good job dude. what next for your car? :roll:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02 MSM E-Shift

1 - 20 of 36 Posts