Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just did 90k service for 900, is that good? seems like alot for a 90k service, but i have heard some people pay 1300

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
From a Lexus dealer, the price is ok. The dealership I go to charges $999.95 for the 90K service. Some dealers charges $1,200 to $1,300 for a 90K service. It all depends on dealer location and their labor rate and the stuff they do on that particular service.

·
Registered
638 Posts
fairly good price for the dealer..ray catena in larchmont NY wanted 1300..and lexus of greenwich wanted a whopping 1600 dollars

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Zor Prime said:
fairly good price for the dealer..ray catena in larchmont NY wanted 1300..and lexus of greenwich wanted a whopping 1600 dollars
Lol. Zor...... $1600 for a 90K, I think that's the highest price in the tri-state I've seen. :jawDrop:

·
Registered
375 Posts
The 90k should include timing belt replacement and will probably be the only maintenance interval which I'll bring to the dealer. Its the ultimate pain in the ass and can seriously screw things up if done wrong as the IS has an interference engine.

The $225 90k service from LMW doesn't include timing belt, I think they want ~400 for the timing belt change alone.

·
Registered
745 Posts
^^ Does LMW have an al a carte service menu online where they list prices of maintenence items like spark plug and timing belt replacement?

·
Registered
122 Posts
975.32 including tax from westside lexus here in houston tx. But im still gonna look around getting it done from a 3rd party for maybe a little bit cheaper.

·
11,061 Posts
ballaholic925 said:
what about taking it 2 toyota for the 90k? how much wuld that be?
Toyota has been cracking down on that..most don't want to do Lexus work any more.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am almost due for a 60k servicing and Lexus of Cerritos in So Cal. wants $897
my family has a trusted mechanic that we take our cars to, do i have to take it to a lexus dealer? i have an extended warranty to 100k.

·
Registered
26 Posts
derit said:
i am almost due for a 60k servicing and Lexus of Cerritos in So Cal. wants $897
my family has a trusted mechanic that we take our cars to, do i have to take it to a lexus dealer? i have an extended warranty to 100k.
I'm also due for the 60k pretty soon. The dealer up here in nor cal gave me an estimate of ~1k. What's replaced/done at 60k, since it's considered be a major service.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just looked at the Lexus book that lists what needs to be done at 60K, so i am assuming the lexus dealer will do that. I can't remember all of them but i think its changing spark plugs, oil and filter change, rotate and balance tires, replace brake fluids. When I asked the service manager about it she said, "its $897 and we do everything change sparks plugs and all." I think they check for other stuff too and if you need brake pads or whatever it will be added onto that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts