Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just did my oil the other day too, and I started to do it the way you did (mjdart), but I got lazy and came to the forum for a quicker way. The way I went took me about 10-15min. I didn't take any bolts or covers off. Heres what I did.
Hood up, I reached down to the filter from the top and loosened it up (not off, just loose). Then I slide my new filter in right next to the oil dipstick. Its a tight fit so you can take the dipstick bolt out to give youself a little bit more room. Push down the rubber hoses to give you some room and sit the filter inside the engine til ready (don't let it fall down to the bottom). I used a small plastic bag to catch the oil too. Guide the bag and filter out, attached the new one and add/drain oil. I jacked up the drivers side to help the oil flow better. The underplastic is flexible so just push it in until the oil flow slows down if needed! and you need some aim putting the oil in, or you can cut a oil bottle in half and use that to as a funnel.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just remember not to rip open the bag trying to get it out by the oil dipstick. Its a tight fit if you dont remove the screw holding the dipstick. Try to remember the exact path that you used to get the new filter in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts