Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have them this week and hope to put them on this up coming weekend. My question is... Have I made the right choice in Sway Bars? I bought a set of stillen Sways for $100 shipped and currently have the Tein springs on stock struts. I want to improve the handling but don't want to end up sliding all over the place. Would there be a better set-up for me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,498 Posts
Stillen Sways for $100 shipped?? Damn, that's pretty cheap. I hope you didn't buy the set that was on Ebay, I believe the owner has a few things missing....(screws/bushings). I've heard Stillen is good, but the Eibachs/LTuned, TRD yellows & Hotchkis are the better ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chigger said:
Stillen Sways for $100 shipped?? Damn, that's pretty cheap. I hope you didn't buy the set that was on Ebay, I believe the owner has a few things missing....(screws/bushings). I've heard Stillen is good, but the Eibachs/LTuned, TRD yellows & Hotchkis are the better ones.
Yeah I did get them. He stated that they have the bushings. I did my homework on these sways. It seems like they use the stock mounting brackets on a few previous threads I read. If they are not complete I am sure I can order the few parts from stillen. But $100 still beats Stillens price of $210 shipped.

Here is the opening sentence. Up for auction is a set of sway bars and bushings for the Lexus IS300 00-05
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,498 Posts
It's just on his auction, it says that the item is sold "AS IS" and that he is not responsible for any missing or items that are not included with his possession.

Well, I hope everything goes well with the install. Post some pics and a write-up about after install! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chigger said:
It's just on his auction, it says that the item is sold "AS IS" and that he is not responsible for any missing or items that are not included with his possession.

Well, I hope everything goes well with the install. Post some pics and a write-up about after install! ;)
I did notice that. Even if I have to get a few bolts. Still cant beat $100. I can contact stillen for the missing parts if needs be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,701 Posts
The bars use ALL the stock "bracketry". Just make sure you have the endlinks nice and TIGHT, otherwise you'll have some wierd thumping noises like i do right now.

The sways are ALMOST as big as the hotchkis, if you search, you'll see the measurements i took before i installed them.

Other than the noises i have from not getting the endlinks tight enough (we think), the sways are AWESOME. Not many people here have them..
 
  • Like
Reactions: SilentAttack

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inspar8r said:
The bars use ALL the stock "bracketry". Just make sure you have the endlinks nice and TIGHT, otherwise you'll have some wierd thumping noises like i do right now.

The sways are ALMOST as big as the hotchkis, if you search, you'll see the measurements i took before i installed them.

Other than the noises i have from not getting the endlinks tight enough (we think), the sways are AWESOME. Not many people here have them..
Thanks for the info. I have read your review thread on the Sway Bars. I though I should go ahead and get them at that price. Thanks for the info +Rep2U
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top