Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone was interested, I purchased my 2002 manual IS300 today from Lexus of Pleasanton. I got the yellow one with the leather/ecsaine package for $32,642 ($1K off MSRP). I'm really excited!!!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congrats, Thanks for the price. My dealer told me there were going to be any yellow ones. Guess hes wrong...
Sentinel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shadow1980: I actually had a deposit with Stevens Creek, so my intention was to buy it through them, but Pleasanton just had the one I wanted at the right time. Didn't look into Fremont or Redwood City.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, i was wondering as Lexus of Concord had a yellow IS, bl leather with nav and wing on their lot today..sticker was around 37k..also lexus of concord is now an elite dealer and i was wondering what kind of treatment you got out of them if you had gone there...ps..on my way to look at the IS,i got a speeding ticket..well congrats on your new baby...btw, yellow realy looks nice

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
now u can come to our meet and be our first 01 club is car!!!!!!

pm me for details!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on your new car! You will be very happy, I am…

Looks like the dealers do budge a little bit on the price, or at least some of them do. I went to Santa Monica Lexus on Saturday and they would not even talk at anything under $500 off sticker only. I walked out because I said I had the check right there and I was serious. I guess they weren’t.

So I went to the best Lexus/Toyota dealer in the world (Longo of El Monte, CA) and saw the one I wanted, Silver on black w/o Nav. By the way Navigation cars are at a premium because they aren’t making many, so you will have to pay almost full price for one.
Anyways, mine had a sticker of $33,782. I walked out of there with a price of $31,7xx something + tax, lic, etc. That’s $2,000 below sticker. Might have something to do with my wife’s family buying several cars from Longo over the past 10 years, but hey it helped. The deal was smooth, no stress, and now I know why they sell twice as many cars as the second largest Lexus dealer.

There’s only one problem. I am trying to drive slowly, but I keep finding myself at like 75mph every few seconds. Warning: take it easy on the gas pedal.

Good Luck,
SoCalIS300

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the congrats! I'm so excited to be part of the IS family
! SoCalIS300: I know what you mean about trying to take it slow the first couple of miles, everytime I glance at the speedometer I'm going faster than I should be
! I felt pretty lucky to get $1K off MSRP, considering that I called Stevens Creek to see if they would beat the price and they said they wouldn't budge from the sticker price. It looks like you got the best deal though ($2K off), congrats to you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome!! Enjoy the ride... TIME TO START GETTING MODS! Get an intake...

###Doesn't have to be a SRT intake...but it is one of the top ones!###

[ August 13, 2001: Message edited by: okirotty ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Originally posted by altezzagirl:
Thank you everyone for the congrats! I'm so excited to be part of the IS family
! SoCalIS300: I know what you mean about trying to take it slow the first couple of miles, everytime I glance at the speedometer I'm going faster than I should be
! I felt pretty lucky to get $1K off MSRP, considering that I called Stevens Creek to see if they would beat the price and they said they wouldn't budge from the sticker price. It looks like you got the best deal though ($2K off), congrats to you!

so its a guess, but it doesnt seem like u are coming to the meet!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
welcome to the forum and ownership A-girl, it's a phat ride, just take it easy on the gas or grow eyes in the back of your head... it's really easy to go 20+ mph over the limit and not even know it

Be very afraid of IS300Soon, as he has chemical imbalances and now that his 1 true love on the forum is on vacation for a month, he'll need someone to take his place...
Stop by the "Parking lot" to meet the regular retards like him and myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts