Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just bought an IS from a used car dealer. Love the car but CD changer wont work. CDs wont come out. The thing that sucks is that its past the 50k warranty. Just hit 51k. So i gotta find a replace unit. Had my stereo guy take it apart and the disk trays are broken. Anybody selling a used one???

·
8,849 Posts
Check out "For Sale" forum. Many people upgrade their units, so they end up selling their OEM ones. Expect to pay around $100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine died too!

just bought my 2001 is 300 3 days ago. the next day the i get error 1 and error 3 messages. even new cds get jammed. you are not alone!

can anyone recommend a good stereo?

·
8,849 Posts
Re: mine died too!

jstar said:
just bought my 2001 is 300 3 days ago. the next day the i get error 1 and error 3 messages. even new cds get jammed. you are not alone!

can anyone recommend a good stereo?
Be sure to read stickys and other posts regarding aftermarket installations.
Let me quote myself from a different thread:
vlad_a said:
Welcome to the exciting world of aftermarket stereo for the IS300. There you will find some exciting things you did not expect to.

Open this thread and download proper manuals for your vehicle year (2001/2002+).
You will find this to be very helpful.

As mentioned above, rear speakers will need to go. A few notes, most of which can be found in the sticky of this forum.

1) Stock AMP can only be used with OEM Headunit
2) Stock Rear Speakers can only be used with stock AMP
3) Rear speakers are 6x9, however, not standard fitment. Some holes need to be drilled or an MDF adapter needs to be cutout to fit the new speaker set. Rods in the trunk mechanism may be in the new speaker's way (I had to dremel out a portion of my rear Infiniti Kappas, which luckily have plastic casing)
There are many different stereos to pick from. First, you need to set your goals as to what you want to achieve. For example, DVD Playback, MP3 CD support, MP3 CD Changer Support, Hard Drive MP3 storage, Mobile PC :wink: .

There is much research for you to do.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey vlad,

The download link (to the 2001 manuals) is no longer working. Can you, or anyone else, host a copy (if available)?

Thanks. I'd like to see these diagrams/manuals.

·
8,849 Posts

·
8,849 Posts
You're welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts